Thursday, September 3, 2009

our first day...



OK...so I have put off the "back-to-school" post long enough. I figured everyone was posting them...how could anyone possibly want to read mine? With my new determination to document our every day lives though, I had to do it. I realize some of you won't be thrilled, but I guess that's OK. It's mostly for us anyhow.

School brings a lot of emotions for me. First of all...excitement. The kids are thrilled. They don't even realize that we never went school shopping or got them new backpacks. They are excited to see their friends and make new ones, meet their teachers, find out what's for lunch.

Kristin and I walked the kids over together, babies in tow. It was a gorgeous morning, especially for August. The kids were beaming...and tired. I love the Frey's. I am so glad my kids have friends like them.

Waiting at the cross-walk. I love our crossing guard. She is so friendly. She is a mom. I know she'll look out for my kids.

Lizzy and Emily outside their classroom. Their window looks directly into Alex's room. FUN. They look so thrilled here. I know they were. The energy at that school was so great. I could feel it. Kids were happy. Teachers were happy. Parents were happy. I think they also look a teeny bit nervous. I can remember a lot of anxiety mixed in when I was younger. I was anxious hoping they weren't anxious. So silly. My kids have a lot more confidence than I did at their age though, but that's a post for another day. :)
Molly had her first day of preschool the next week. She is the 1st Schofield kid to go to a 3 year old preschool. She needed it. She is bright...and bored. She has a new princess backpack. She has the habit of bringing her hands to her face when I tell her to smile. I think it's hilarious! She looks a little hesitant in this picture. She is looking at me, but not really AT me. More like THROUGH me. That equals nervous. So I did my best to hype it up!

Maybe I AM excited!
Am I?

She really didn't want me to leave. She didn't cry, but she held on to me, until she got distracted enough for me to sneak away. I was sad for her though. A brand new place, she didn't know a soul, and she had no idea when I would come back. As I drove away, I saw one of the teachers holding her, like she had tried to come after me. I cried. I knew she would be OK though, and she was. She came out smiling. She has gotten clingy and told me she wasn't going each time since, but she always comes out smiling. Whew.

7 comments:

jamie said...

I am so glad Molly likes her pre school!!

Lady said...

Thanks for the post. It's fun seeing everyone's kids go back to school. It's real life. I love going back and looking at the pictures my mom took on the first day of school. Glad Molly is in pre-school. Glad you have a few hours of week with just Margaret. Enjoy.

mj said...

I loved the kids first day of scool too.Everyone is soo excited,just look at their beaming faces. I'm sure Molly will be completely happy with school soon.

brittany said...

i'm glad you posted, i've been wondering about the schofield's first day. they look adorable and so ready for school!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are just adorable!!!

I hope they have a wonderful year.
-FringeGirl

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of Elizabeth below and I love your back to school post. I've been waiting. :-)
Sweet Molly--glad she is liking it.

krisin

Anonymous said...

Every since I got engaged I have become terrified of having children, since it is soon becoming an actual possibility. Reading your blog is probably the only thing that changes my mind. ♥