
I offered to drive for Molly's preschool field trip to the pet store this morning. After our 10 minute visit to the tiny, smelly, noisy shop full of filthy animals (guess what...I'm not a pet person), we went to the park. I was sitting on a bench with Margaret beside me in her carseat. She was happy as can be. Every time I would look her direction she would smile. Molly was on the swings having a grand time. She's finally learned how to pump. Go girl! I noticed a puddle forming under our park bench. Like someone had wet themselves while sitting there. I knew it hadn't been ME, and for heavens sake...Margaret was in a diaper AND a carseat so it certainly wasn't her. Then I noticed where the puddle under the bench was originating from. It was from the puddle ON the bench. The puddle of mustard-yellow slop under her carseat. It WAS Margaret. Possibly the biggest blowout of all time, and it all went sideways. Out through her leg, down under the cushion, and out through the plastic at the bottom. I had it on my pants, my hands, but I certainly wasn't going to have it on my car. Luckily I had a garbage sack under the front seat for my carsick kids. That went under Margaret who smiled the whole time, with no idea how much stress she was causing me. We're home now. She is all cleaned up. I can breathe again. My question is...how can something so tiny and beautiful, wreak such havoc? And WHY does Molly need me to wipe her just as I get Margaret into the sink for a bath and splash water all over the kitchen floor?

Margaret really is such a delight though. My friends who heard her screaming in the hallway last Sunday may think otherwise, but she is yummy. :) She has made it through her rough patch. It lasted a good 4-6 weeks, but she is now a happy little thing. She coos and smiles all the time. I could stare at her for hours. My eyes STILL water when she smiles at me. They probably always will. The only time she really cries now is when we are out driving. She's fine in her carseat at the grocery store or at home, but not in the car. She can't see anyone and she doesn't like it. I miss having the twins in the car with us. She likes to have me in her line of sight. Sometimes if I turn my back to her, she'll fuss, then smile as soon as I turn back. Fuss. Smile. Fuss. Smile. It's pretty funny actually. She's thinking about rolling over. She does NOT dig time on her tummy and will try desperately to flip. Dave and I have even gotten a few laughs out of her. She's not consistent with it, but good heavens...it is sweet. THE sweetest sound on God's green earth. I'm thinking she weighs about 12 pounds. She is 3 1/2 months and 12 pounds. That's a little thin. She's long and lean. Not sure why my babies are so little. Surely she'll plump up.

Her best friend in all world (aside from momma) is her mirrored reflection. She can go from tears to a nice little chat with herself in 3 seconds. I don't think she has any sense that she is smiling at herself, just some cute little girl who always smiles back. She is a joy. She is adored by all 6 of us. I think she always will be.
8 comments:
I can't believe that she blew through her clothes and car seat. I have never heard of such a thing. Bless your sweet little mamma's heart!
Awwww, she is such a beauty! Look at that smile! I'm melting from across the pond! :)
she is so precious and you are such an amazing mother! I always have to laugh and am so amazed at what babies can put out, some blow outs are really amazing this sounds like one of those
Blowouts are always an adventure. It is completely crazy what they can do!
Her smile melts my heart...
She's a sweet girl. I love that little face. I also think it's so funny that you cleaned up a puddle of mustard poop at the park. I LOVE it.
I laughed out loud about your blow out at the park! Oh my goodness,didn't you just want to put baby and all in the plastic bag? What did Molly think of all of this? What a riot. Love the pictures. Margaret's smile warms my heart.
I thought she was yummy even when screaming in the hallway! You can't say that about all babies, but you certainly can about her. What a sweet little doll...and, yes, even the cutest create some pretty nasty 'puddles' sometimes!
I absolutely love Molly's sayings. I so wish I could remember all the funny things said in our house that I thought I would never forget.
Post a Comment