Sunday, July 5, 2009

a visit from L & G...

Gunnar, Laura, Elsie and Charlotte.

I really do love visiting with the Gehring's. Yeah, Laura is my sister, so of course I love her. BUT, I don't think all sisters love being around eachother. Do they? When I hang out with her and her family, I always think...yeah baby, we're related. I can hang out with her forever. Gunnar is her perfect compliment, and their girls are just icing on the cake. My kids had a blast with them...dressing up, playing mommy to baby Charlotte, jumping on the trampoline. Thank heavens for that thing. Endless fun. This picture was taken about 5 minutes after they arrived. It's like a kid magnet!

On Friday, Laura and I went shopping for a bit, while Gunnar and Dave took the kids minus Margaret to the petting zoo. I THINK they had fun...you'd have to ask them to be sure. :) Laura and I had a good time though, even with poor Margaret's wailing in her carseat. Bless her heart.

Molly and Else (as Molly lovingly nicknamed her) dressed-up every time we were at the house. Where are the girls? Oh, naked in Molly's room, again. I'm not sure that they could be any cuter though. Elsie and Molly played so well together. Last year at the beach, we wanted them to be instant best friends. They enjoyed eachother, but from a distance. This time...they were pals. It made us so happy. Genuinely happy.




The Monte L. Bean museum up at BYU is a must. Even though we've been there a few dozen times, somehow it still interests them. Heaven forbid you go to the museum and not the creamery afterwards. The BEST ice-cream, and definitely the best prices.

OK...so maybe it doesn't interest Alex anymore. :)

WOW...looking good everybody. Grab those garlic fries before they disappear!





This is all of us, taken with my self-timer. The exposure was way off, but I love it anyway. Family get togethers are quite possibly the best thing in the world. They make me so, so happy.

Lots of swimming and sprinklers in the backyard. Pick a few warm raspberries, back in the pool. Heaven.
We love our cousin Christy! LOVE her.


Things like this are what make me love getting together SO much. Tramps are not made for women in the middle of their childbearing years. Laura would get on, fall, then she couldn't get back up. Mostly because Gunnar and the kids made it impossible for her. They would jump right by her, just as she was getting her footing, and down she would go, using every muscle possible to keep from wetting herself. I haven't laughed so hard in quite a long time. HILARIOUS!

Thanks for driving all that way you guys. We love you so much!

7 comments:

mj said...

Love,love this post. How thankful I am that you enjoy each other.The dress-up pictures are wonderful. What a great time you must have had.

brittany said...

sounds perfect! love the photos.

laurag said...

Thanks for posting all of this Amy. I consider myself the luckies t girl in the world to have you as my sister and your family a part of mine. What I wouldn't give to live al ittle closer to you all, but we take what we can get. Being around you and your family is the epitome of relaxing for me. We really miss you all, now I'm just looking forward to your next trip out here AND the beachhouse - imagine how much fun molly and else will have there...can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I just love all your photos. You've got a great family!!!

I really enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing it.
-FringeGirl

Kristin said...

Looks like so much fun Amy! Fun pictures.

Jaime Stephens said...

What a fun family.. Great pictures and it looks like you guys had such a fun week together. Savannah has a doll named Amy now and it's always her birthday..

jensenfamily said...

I am dying at the picture of your sister - Every woman who has given birth can sympathize with the urine slips:) erin