I have to say...I've gotten quite overwhelmed with these birthday posts since Margaret arrived. I've missed 3 birthdays (my nephew Bennett, darling niece Valerie, and nephew-in-law Dan...I promise to get to them soon :)), but can't let this one go by without telling you how much I love this sister of mine. Caroline is the 2nd of my parent's 8. She is an amazing woman. Let me throw out some words that I think describe her well...beautiful, brilliant, passionate (SO passionate), loyal, hilarious (in a crude, wonderful way), animal loving, people loving. Everyone needs someone like Caroline in their life...in their corner. She is a fighter. She protects those she loves like a mother bear. I've crossed her a few times and I've hated it. I've also been loved immensely by her. She is so tender. I can remember one time in particular where my sisters, mom and I were on a trip together. Something had happened to make me sad. Really, really sad. I tried to keep quiet, but Caroline knew. She reached her hand over her seat and held mine. That was so overwhelming for me. Her love for me was actually tangible. It made me feel so calm, so protected, so cared for. I will never, ever forget that experience. I love you and hope you have a great day Caroline!







8 comments:
You should change your name to Party of seven :) since you have a new edition to the family
So glad you did this for Caroline. I love her too.
Again I wonder how you are able to say the things I feel better than I can. Caroline really is an exceptional woman and daughter !!
you are lucky to have such a wonderful family and sisters that you love so much!
I so remember her plaid bathing suit and the lovely boardwalk trinket around her neck....it brings back wonderful memories !!!
Love you Caroline. I hope your birthday was amazing. You are an example of what being true to yourself really means. You get what you see with you, and it's wonderful. We love you.
She is stinkin cute in that bathing suit as a little girl.
What a sweet story about her too--sister are special.
--kristin
Post a Comment