
Sweet Lizzy had an accident on her scooter last week. An accident where the first thing to hit the sidewalk was her nose. Her beautiful, perfect nose. It didn't look too bad until a few days later when the scabs started to form. She was embarrassed. She worried that everyone would stare, that they would all want to know what happened, that they would think she had chocolate all over her. Noone stared. They did ask what happened, but I think she quickly forgot about it. I wasn't too stressed until a friend asked me what had happened, then proceeded to tell me how it was such a shame because her nose was so beautiful. It got me thinking. Her nose was one of my favorite parts of her sweet profile. I love it. I love all the things about her dainty, little face. But I REALLY loved her nose. Would it heal OK? Would she have scars? Not if I have anything to do with it. SO...she wears this get-up every day, with gobs of ointment underneath. The scars have started falling off. The new skin looks healthy, just a lot more pale and devoid of any freckles. They'll come, my Dad assures me. I sure hope so. :)

UPDATE: All the scabs have fallen off. Everything looks great. Her skin is really tender and freckleless, but her nose is still so beautiful. Whew!
11 comments:
WOW, what a fall she must have had. I'm sure those freckels will come back. What a brave girl she is. Those scrapes really hurt.
OH that is sad but she is cute no matter what.. Hey did you ever get a swing?? We have one you are welcome to borrow let me or my mom know if you want too..
And...if there happens to be a little scar left over, you're going to love and adore that too.
Poor little gal! Tell her I love her and am so sorry about the accident.
It is so sad, and I did ask her about it at church. Dang, maybe I shouldnt have. I burned my nose on the steam of a tea kettle when I was about her age. I was afraid of all those things too. I remember telling my Mom I couldnt leave the house, and she made me go to school the next day anyways. lol. She is such a little beauty. I am sure it will heal beautifully.
For what it is worth, I lost a lot of skin as a kid, even still now. The freckles have always come back. :)
I'm so glad it's healing well... she's adorable, regardless.
She STILL will have the perfect nose...she'll probably be very aware of anything that gets even a little too close to it. I find myself still covering it when I'm really close to things. She's just beautiful...like all of her siblings!
her nose is even darling WITH the bandage! She is beautiful. Even a little scar can't change that.
Sweet thing--Emily was so cute yesterday telling me she didn't have freckles on her nose anymore. But they'll come back, she said. It was cute.
--kristin
She's perfect. Don't worry too much it will be just fine.
She does have a perfect little nose! She is so amazingly beautiful ... and, I have to say, even super cute with the little bandage. You are a good mommy helping her understand it will all be ok.
Post a Comment