Monday, July 13, 2009

Meet Red, Red and Red...

People ask me all the time where Molly's red hair came from. Dave's Grandma Bird was a redhead when there was still color to her hair. :) These are Dave's 2 redheaded sisters...Kim and Wendi. His sister Cindi is blond but ended up with 3 red kids, and his sister Jodi has brown hair, but ended up with 2 red's. Somehow...and I consider myself quite lucky...we ended up with one too. I feared for a long time that her hair would turn blond. I don't really have issues with blond people. I used to be one. But I already have 2 of those. I love Molly's hair. So much.

I remember going shopping with her once when she was a few months old. 2 ladies behind me in line started talking to me about her hair. I like talking to people about it. I think it's beautiful. They asked me if I knew what the red hair was for. "That's how God marks the bad ones", they said. I couldn't believe my ears. I really couldn't. Dave insists that redheads aren't fiesty because of the color of their hair, but rather the color excuses their fiestyness. OK...there may be a bit of truth to that. Here's what I think though, in observing my 3 year old and my 2 sister-in-laws. Redheads are passionate. They are intense. They are "do-ers". They are funny. They are loving. I'm thinking that isn't so bad.

9 comments:

Carl said...

We have redheads in our family...and lots of "auburn," so lots of red "traits." My Nellie is red. I think you nailed it on the head. Red heads really ARE passionate, fun and doers. We always grew up hearing that God gave red hair to some of his children because he wanted to make it easier to 'see' them here. I think that's a WONDERFUL thought. :)

Carl said...

Gee, I really need to sign in under "Rachel!" Sorry. :)

MommyMert said...

Yes man, that it is. Determined individuals. :)

mj said...

I am so glad that we have a red head in our family !!The few reds I know are fun,fun people.

Lisa said...

Val is really hoping that Gavin is a redhead.

Kylie said...

I completely agree! Red heads are the best!

Princess Di said...

Hey! Please send me your email so I can invite you to view my blog!
Thanks,
Diana (Hardy) Cragun
turkeynan@gmail.com

Jillian said...

Wow ... I can't believe those ladies in line said that! Some people. I agree with you too. Ammon's side has redheads and I think some red traits may have shown up in Grace without showing up in her hair. :) What a cute post about Emily and I'm so glad Lizzy's nose is healing well.

tomwendi said...

Redheads are so cool! Look at that one in the middle. Now she's adorable. She must take after the good looking one on the right. :) We had fun seeing you guys last weekend. Thanks for making that effort to see us! I know how hard it is to do ANYTHING with a newborn. (who's absolutely gorgeous, by the way)