Wednesday, July 8, 2009

this little girl...

This little girl...

had this to say on Sunday:

I'd like to bear my testimony,
I know this church is true.
I know Heavenly Father loves us.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

I was beaming. Nervous when she asked to go up, then beaming once she did it. All alone. No prompting. Daddy walked her up, then he stayed to share his, while she headed back to her seat, getting high 5's and hugs on the way. I could barely see 2 inches of her head above the podium, but I could hear her. I could understand her. I love her and I am so proud.

11 comments:

brittany said...

way to go miss molly!

Michelle said...

I'm really bummed that I missed it. What a big girl!

mj said...

What a sweet BIG girl. Molly, I know Heavenly Father is so proud of you !!

MommyMert said...

Yup, she was a sweety!!

Lisa said...

Oh my, I'm sure I would have gotten teary. See, even though she gives you a run for your money, she knows whats what.

Rachel said...

very very sweet...I will always think of our nice testimony conversation while eating Thai food in every fast and testimony meeting...those poor people! :)

Lisa said...

yep--one of the cutest testimonies. So little, so sweet, so great. love that redheaded girl of yours.

Anonymous said...

that was me commenting up there under my sisters gmail account--oops! :-)

--kristin

Christina & Andrew said...

I'm so proud of my little girl:)

Melissa Yergensen said...

Oh my heck!!!! I'm so so so sad I missed it! I'm pretty sure I would have gotten a little teary. What a sweetie, were you just beaming?!?

Sharene said...

oh no I missed that! Where was I? I love that she did it all by herself. It drives me crazy when parents tell their children what to say. That is not the children's testimony, it is the parents! Sorry about me being on my soap box, but I LOVE LOVE that Molly did it all by herself! Way to go Molly.