
OK...so after chatting with my
"oldest" friend in the whole world yesterday, I realized that I was craving some old pictures. Oldies but goodies, you know? We were talking on the phone while she was looking through some old pictures of us in junior high and high school. I don't think I have copies of them, but if you are lucky, she will scan a few and I just may share. This first picture is the younger 4 plus Sally. I'm the bowl-cut ball of cuteness in the yellow, and Sally is the sibling directly above me. She is 8 1/2 years older and deaf/mentally retarded. She used to live at home, then a special school in PA, now a group home. She is a diamond in the rough. We are all terribly anxious to see what she is really like once this life is over. To see her real spirit.

Guess what...I was a tomboy. Hard core. Star Wars figures were my passion. I used to take them on vacations with me and set them up just like this. Wasn't I cool? This picture makes me laugh. I can only imagine how protective I was of this set-up. I'm surprised I let my dad get this close to take the picture.:)

Lastly...the fakers. I was good. SO good. I remember when my parents would come to check on me, I would fake, but keep my eyes open just a sliver so I could see their faces and know if I had succeeded. Tracy on the other hand...her nostrils are flared which means she's close to laughing which means...failure. Isn't she hilarious? Dad isn't looking too convincing either.
6 comments:
hey amy temple! how did you find me? i was trying to find our common link...but i'm so glad you did. you and your family are adorable, and i love your photography skills (they FAR outweigh mine)...and your blogging skills. i'm a slugglish blogger, but i love it. still trying to explain to my husband just what blogging is. :) anyway, you will now be added to my links. would love to catch up someday soon!
How I remember these days. They were the best. I hope you will always enjoy your children as much as I did. Thanks for the memories.
Okay, the "napping" photo is too funny. I remember faking it whenever we were coming home late in the car from somewhere so that my dad would have to carry me in and tuck me into bed. Good times.
these pictures are so funny. They made me laugh out loud. Grandpa was so darn cute with you all!!!
these are hilarious amy. And I remember very clearly your star wars figures at the beachhouse. They somehow must have left an impression on me...I am the biggest fan of old photos. They bring back memories better than anything else.
Quite the impressive Star Wars set-up. You are so cute in those pics--I love the fake sleeping bit. Hilarious.
Post a Comment