

The other day I was reorganizing the girls pajama drawer. I found these. I actually started to cry. I love them so much I can hardly stand it. They are beautiful kids, with beautiful hearts. The top letter is from Lizzy to Emily. The last line says..."don't tell anyone." I told you she was determined to improve her jump roping skills. :) The other 2 are from Emily to Lizzy. I guess what I love so much is that, first of all, they WROTE them. Then, they saved them. A really, really happy discovery for me. Lizzy wrote me a gorgeous letter in sacrament meeting yesterday after I finished my talk. I can't get it to scan right though. When I do, I'll show you that one too.
I think that letters are beautiful. My heart starts to race a little when I see a hand addressed envelope in the mailbox...usually from my Dad. He is an amazing letter writer. I have saved every, single one. I love his handwriting, his stationary. So much is done on the computers now. Don't get me wrong. I love it, I'm grateful for it, but a hand written letter...nothing beats that.
A dear friend called me the other day...just to say wonderful, kind things to me. I still have a letter this friend wrote me years ago, when we hardly knew eachother. She is one of those people. You know the ones...maybe you ARE one. She is thinking of someone, she's grateful for someone...so she writes them a note. She calls them. She tells them. She made my day. She really did. Don't we all need to be a bit more like that? If you love someone...tell them. Write them a letter. A guaranteed smile.




7 comments:
I agree completely; my family expresses themselves much easier through written words. So much easier to say what you need to without the tones and tripping over words when it's face to face. such cute letters of your girls...and marvelous job Sunday! so glad I was there.
why are your kids so stinkin' cute? you and dave are raising four of the most wonderful children I know. perhaps I need to send my kids to camp schofield. I wonder if they'd come back as good as yours.
Those letters are adorable. I really enjoyed your talk yesterday. I think you're amazing.
Those letters really do melt my heart. They are super cute and your post reminds me to get out of the electronic jungle and do things the old fashioned way. Thanks.
Oh my goodness. So sweet. Mmm...
That is so sweet!!!
I love those twins! They are so adorable. How sweet are those notes!!
Post a Comment