

Alex is now on his third pair. His vision changed a bit in the past year so we decided to let our insurance buy us a new pair. Plus, we recently went on a walk...lots of rocks were collected...and his glasses were placed in his pocket with aforementioned rocks. Scratches. A lot of them. I'm not really even sure how he could see. I love Alex in glasses, I really do. I think he looks handsome and smart...2 really good things. I have gotten so used to them that he looks odd to me if he doesn't have them on. That is a little sad to me. My little boys face has now been covered for three years by glasses. They changed the way he looked. I had to get used to the new face. The new Alex. Now that I'm there, it's all good, but I have to admit that I mourned a little. I mourned his handsome, perfect, little, tiny face. These new ones have Japanese writing on them. We'll have to find out from Hideko what wonderful sayings they are sporting.
Last week Emily also had to visit the eye doctor. Not great results from her exam at the pediatricians. I was worried she would need glasses too...and I would have to go through the whole mourning process again. Her eyes aren't great, but they are good enough. Dr. Dunn told us to wait it out...get started in school again and see what happens. Whew.
Now Alex is asking about contacts. What age? Another new face I will have to get used to. <3
*On a side note...my second attempt at cutting Alex's hair. Much better this time around I'm thinking.
7 comments:
i, too, think he is handsome in his glasses. Nice hair cut!
My goodness,I can't believe it. I can't tell you how many times I think of what I will say on here in response to your blogs.....only to see that Michelle has said exactly what I was going to. Wierd. Anyway, I love these new glasses and hope sweet Alex looks thru them instead of always over the top. Really, I love any way he looks.
I love love love his glasses I think kids in glasses are adorable!! Ya know I tried and tried contacts in high school and could not get them in, finally the last few years I can do them but wow it was tough for me. Kids are much smarter though and I am sure that he could get it and boy they sure are nice.
he is so adorable in his glasses. he is one handsome boy! and his haircut looks great! look at you.
Such a cutie--very nice glasses. A lot cooler than my third pair of glasses. hmmm . . .I got glasses when I was 12 and contacts when I was 16ish. So I'm not sure how it goes starting younger. Good luck with that!! And the hair cut looks really good. Go Mom!!
I think that Alex looks so handsome with his new glasses! Hopefully they can stay away from rocks :) Good job on his hair too!
When I think of Alex, I think of him with his glasses on and looking handsome as ever. And you know, should Emily eventually need them...can you just imagine how stunning she'll look.
Post a Comment