
...other than that Emily and I broke into the house yesterday. Before I give you the details, you have to promise not to judge me, then congratulate us for a job well done. :) My pal Michelle came by yesterday morning with her cute little Gavin. I went out to say hi...so did all the kids. The door was slammed shut, it was locked, I panicked. We don't have the pass code for our garage, so locked doors = stuck outside. Kids checked the back door...locked. Tried getting a ladder from the neighbors...no answer. I thought maybe I ought to call Dave...I had 25 minutes till Mom and Me, then straight to swimming. Michelle had a better idea. The bay windows were opened, couldn't we get up on the railing and shimmy through? Well, with a little convincing, I got my big old self up on the railing, used some keys to pop the screen, then Michelle lifted Alex up. Uuugh...too heavy. Alex back down, Emily up. Let's just say she was not thrilled. She was afraid. Michelle went back down to the ground to catch Emily if she happened to fall (only about 4-5 feet), and we went to work. Emily is such a lightweight, that I was easily able to boost her, and she did the rest. Whew. We were in. Noone was hurt. We even climbed back up for a picture. My heart is actually racing just typing this. Now everyone knows how to get into my house. :(



12 comments:
hahahah this is so cute. I HATE being locked out. I was watching my friend's two kids (Jackson - 2 months and Megan almost 4yrs) and I went out to help Melanie carry things to her car. Megan got mad that we went outside without her and she locked us out of the house! I was SO mad. I called Dan and he hurried home. In the mean time Melanie convinced Megan to unlock the door. I was angry, oh man. Here we were, two grown adults with three young kid locked inside. Glad that you were able to get in so easily!
i would have been scared too. Proud of Emily !!Also glad to know how to get into the house if we ever need to.
I love you!!! You make me smile. Can you believe in 20 years you will look back on this and you and your 27 year old daughter will still be laughing because of this memory?
And we finally got our battery changed on our key pad for our garage--yeah!!!
we broke into the beach house just last week, only ryan was the one trying to shimmy through the window. we need to chat, lots of drama going on around here!
You know us...stay at home moms by day, robbers by night...Amy, no need to worry. I'm just glad you convinced Emily to scale thru the window. That took some courage. Congrats!
Great job you expert prowler!!
I smile just reading it. I was so proud of Emily. I know she was scared but she did it, and she did a darn good job of it too. I hope in 20 years (like Kristin says) or even 20 days she'll remember that she CAN do a lot more than she thinks!
You have inspired me. I now have a spare key hidden outside. Glen isn't quite big enough to help with break-ins yet. :)
I am so impressed that you broke into your house. I don't think I'd be able to figure out how to even pop out a screen!
You should have called me I can break into houses in about 5 seconds flat. Long story but I just need a credit card. Ha Ha. Funny story I will tell you sometime about teaching a few of my young women. Good work girls.
Good job! You could be a thief??? Way to go Mommy and Daughter team!
Post a Comment