Sunday, July 13, 2008

obsession...


I told the kids at the start of the summer that we would go to Sonic (the flushie (like a toilet) place...until this year) once a week for slushies. Who was I kidding? 3,4, sometimes 5 times a week! It was almost a daily thing after swimming lessons. Any time I can think of an excuse (and sometimes even if I can't) I'm there. And happy hour? Hello...70 cents for a small. They really are fabulous and a great healthy alternative to ice-cream, right? They only have 200 calories each. Granted that ALL comes from sugar...oh well. The kids have a blast coming up with flavors to mix together...usually 3. The possibilites are endless people. I seriously cannot get enough. I love them. I love the atmosphere there, the loud music, the smell of fries, the seagulls looming, waiting for your garbage. It reminds me of the boardwalk, need I say more?


Here are a few of our favorite blends. Give em a try:

orange, strawberry, apple...not "sour" (created by Emily)

apple, strawberry, coconut...not "blue" (created by Alex)

cranberry, coconut, lime (got this for myself last night and it may be my new all-time fav!)


Till tomorrow, Sonic! <3

7 comments:

mj said...

Amy, you are a riot! Those slushies sound great, and I am sure they are quite nutritious. Glad you are always thinking of the health of your family.

brittany said...

you make me laugh, which is a little tough these days. Ryan loves sonic for their strawberry limeade, i'll have to try out some of your creations one day.

Ryan + Jess said...

That is one thing I miss - those bad boys are DELISH!!

Lady said...

Sonic is AWESOME- Do you know where their headquarters are? Good ole Oklahoma City. There are Sonics on every corner in OK. We got one here about a year ago and have visited quite often, not 5 times a week or anything. My favorite are the commercials. They crack me up. My new favorite is for the Bananaberry split sundae or shake and the guys says to his wife while pointing to his cup - You drive me _________. And she says cup. He rolls his eyes and says no there is no phrase - You drive me cup. So she says cherries. and so on... SOOO Funny!!!

laurag said...

Amy, amy, amy...did you know that Sophia's family just opened up a sonic in DOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?? I didn't go last time I was there but will have to give it a try now that you've talked it up so much. Small world huh? I'm going to have to tell sophia how much you love it. That'd make her day.

O family said...

I have never been to a Sonic. I am not too sure if they are around here or not. The slushies do sound great though!

Michelle said...

Can we go with you sometime? We would really like it. SOunds like lots of fun. I've never had a slushie at Sonic and it would be fun to go with someone who can show me the ropes.