I realize that they are an integral part of a healthy childhood. I want my kids to have great memories. I don't want them to think that they got ripped off somehow. I'll get them some $2 popsicles...once or twice this summer. Here's the problem. This ugly gold thing (along with a white one too) comes rolling down our street EVERY day...sometimes twice a day. Sundays are included. It's generally at 7:30 at night...right when we're trying to calm things down in our house and get to bed. We're reading from Mosiah and hear "Do Your Ears Hang Low" or "It's a Small World" coming down the street and playing over and over and over again. My heart starts to race, but not for the same reasons it did all those years ago.
Seriously...every day? C'mon. And who drives these things? I don't even want to know.



10 comments:
I thought I was the only one who felt that way!!! Especially on Sunday and in the evenings when, like you said, it is getting ready for bed time. Argh, it makes me want to slam my windows shut sometimes. (though I too have memories of the ice cream truck that drove through my Grandmother's neighborhood. I remember her allowing me to buy an overpriced ice cream--something my Dad would never have done!! It was a big deal that day)
amy, we have them too. They only come mon-sat but still. oh, and ours are too ghetto to play kids songs. They use CHRISTMAS songs?!?! it makes NO SENSE! Jingle bells and icecream do NOT go together.
Amen sista! :)
This is hilarious...just request that they start selling TCBY and we're good to go!
so funny. funny how I used to love them, now I don't feel so good about them, and $2! What a rip!
I understand. I never got an ice cream from the ice cream truck and it still makes me upset to hear it ALL of the time.
This made me laugh out loud!!Amy,I love this blog.It brings back memories and makes me fell part of your life. Thanks!!
LOL, had to laugh and tell ya... it just drove by and I knew you would hear it too... Its a Small World After All..
I was thinking it comes by a little too often too, and Grace doesn't even know to get excited yet. And, I somehow got on the same route as one of them once when I was taking a walk ... all I heard was "It's A Small World After All" for my entire 20 minute walk! That was kinda annoying!
AMEN!!! The world is a different place now. We were just saying the other day how "ghetto"-ish the trucks look now and what an annoyance it is. Thank heavens Ethan isn't old enough to know what's going on.
Post a Comment