Another Mother's Day has come and gone. It's different for me now that I have my own children. I love my mom more, I appreciate her more, I understand her more. I know what she sacrificed. She is THE most amazing woman. If you've met her, I'm sure you'd agree. When I'm sad, anxious, lonely, excited, happy...she's the friend I want to call. She is funny. Here we are doing "hey, hey we're the monkeys" down the street in Dover. We thought we were so funny...funny and cool. Look at Laura...you know she wants to join in but isn't sure if she's quite cool enough. This picture just makes me happy. I love you Mom.

I love being a mother. It's what I was born to do. It really is. I adore each of my beautiful, unique children so much. Each one is able to make me melt in their own way.

Alex is hilarious. He really is. At 9 years old, he still asks me to
scratch his back. I love that.

This girl loves her mama. She wants to be by me all the time. I
hope that never changes.

Peace. That is Lizzy. She is a giver. She is gentle, dainty. So, so
loving.

Molly is a firecracker. In every way. You meet her, you fall in love. This is her with Dave's mom Beverly. We love her and how influential she was in making Dave the kind person he is. We got to celebrate Grandma Bird's 90th birthday on Saturday! 90th. It was quite a bash. So great to see family and be reminded of just how much you love them and their company.
I need to end a little off topic. I do not like the dentist...in any way. Just writing about it makes my palms sweat. We've got 2 hygenists at our dentist's office. One (Steve) is gentle, apologetic. The other (what's her name)...let's just say- the opposite. She's nice enough, but by the time I am through with my check-up, my gums are bleeding, my shirt is wrinkled and soaked from all the wringing if my hands. I had Steve today...whew. I hate the smells, the sounds. He kept asking me if I was OK or if I wanted some laughing gas. The funny thing is...it doesn't really hurt, it's just the anticipation of something hurting. 45 minutes of anticipation.
12 comments:
What a great mother you are. I love to read this blog!!The dentist thing made me laugh out loud - again. You have the ability to put into words feelings that many of us have but can't describe.Thanks.
That was a beautiful tribute to your mother and to your children. You are a great mother, Amy. A great example to me.
AMY!!! I saw your blog on Tammy's, so I thought I'd say hi! Your kids are getting so big, and the pictures of them are so beautiful! Hope everything is going well!
love the pictures of your kids, of course! are you the one in the middle of the top picture?
Happy Mother's Day to someone who makes it look so easy.
I think you are a great Mom! Thanks for being an example to me. I hate the dentist too.. no questions asked. I take the laughing gas. Everytime.
I love how you talk about each of your children...something unique about each that makes them yours.
You are a great mom amy, one that I admire very much, You carry around little bits and pieces of our mom in you which is the greatest compliment anyone could give (at least I think so) anyhow, I hope you had a great mother's day and felt as appreciated as you should.
I can definitely sympothize on the dental visit. I'm not afraid anymore because I had a root canal 6 months pregnant so I know just how bad it can hurt, so there is no anticipation left. But I'm so lucky because at least dentistry makes ryan happy:)
I hate dentists too...I work for them, need I say more. Take a Valium next time! Or get a leagal high with the gas. Jeesh! Relax we know what we're doing. But some hygeinsts are really heavy handed I have to agree.
And you are a great mom. Thanks for all the words of wisdom and advice over the last six months. Don't know what I'd have done without ya!
I always get such a kick out of reading your blogs!! I love you to death and think you were definatly born to be a mom!! Your kids are very lucky! The dentist thing cracks me up!!!
Amy,
you do have a SUPER GREAT MOM and guess what, you are one too. I think that like Laura said, you guys all learned from the best!
oh and I can't stand the dentist either... although when Quinn was about 4 months old, I had an appointment and I was actually excited to go and get out of the house! hah! cabin fever can make you crazy and even get excited for a dentist visit!
Post a Comment