Dave's is a bit different. He comes from a family of 13 (with NO twins...at least my mom got #7 & 8 at the same time) :) His dad came from 8, his mom from 4, so they had no shortage of cousins. Now that all of these siblings (his and mine) are having families of their own...it is sheer madness, but happy madness.
Let's see...cousins on my side = 13 so far, Dave's side = 34. WHOA! Those are some serious numbers! My kids actually have a hard time keeping track of everyone. Then, you add in to that all of our cousins kids (2nd cousins to mine, I guess) and the numbers get even bigger.
I guess what I am getting at is...I love my humongous family. I love them. To watch my kids play with their cousins makes me so happy. They are all good, good people. When I am with them, I sometimes zone out and think to myself...this is so cool. We are related. Forever. My favorite people in the world...and we get to be related.
*The first picture is Dave and Alex with the boys back in Delaware 2 summers ago (whoa...wake up Davey). 2 of my nephews are in the picture, my brother and his 4 boys (4 more nephews), and my brother in law. See if you can figure out who is who. :) The second picture is from the other day. Lizzy and Emily with 2 of Dave's cousins kids. SO many kids!



8 comments:
I love it. Big families on my side, but not Aaron's. Who is Gavin going to play with at Family Reunions? My other kids? Sad...
I didn't really experience "big family time" until I married Jon. I came from a fam of 5 kids (big in the east for sure--not so much out here) My closest cousins lived in NY--there was 8 in that family--didn't see them much. I remember thinking WOW about 8 kids all in the same family. So now, with Jon's large family, I love it!! So much fun.
wish you could be here this weekend for Matt's graduation. Your parents and Lisa and Rachel, etc are all coming. Should be fun! I hope Annie and Merrody like each other. I hope we can see you guys when we come through Provo! (may 31st). I'll call you or email you and we can figure something out.
HALLEJUIAH!!! All the long prayers, searching the missing persons archives, deep thought moments wondering what in the world Amy Temple was up to these days....those days are OVER:) ok, so I didn't really do any of those things, I'm not that on top of my life, let alone yours, but I would have if I'd had the time. It was so great to get your email, and your family is adorable. Where are you living, etc. etc, can't wait to hear.....send me your email, your address, your SSN etc.:) great to hear from you~ Erin
jensenerin@hotmail.com
Amen to loving big families, because we both come from large ones, though it's sad because I don't really want a lot of kids of my own...what to do?
I love big families as well. I have four siblings, two brothers and two sisters. My mom has six siblings and my dad 3. I have tons of cousins and love every minute!
Big families are fun but sometimes overwhelming. I enjoy the mad chaos but I also enjoy visiting with them in smaller groups too. And I love seeing my realatives in your relative's photo. Go Richie!! Isn't he handsome!
holy cow your families are huge! ryan and i talk all the time about how we're so sad there aren't more cousins for our girls. you guys are lucky!!
Post a Comment