
This is my little sister Tracy. My Mom scanned these pictures today and posted them on our family website. They made me so happy. I am kindof consumed with thoughts of her right now. She is one of my truest friends.

She is hilarious. Really, really funny. We have some inside jokes that have kept us laughing for 2 decades. You can tell she thinks I'm pretty awesome in this picture. And to be quite honest...I am. I mean, Snuffaluffaguss (I have NO idea how to spell that) on my pj's. Very cool. We have been best pals our whole lives...with a brief hiatus during high school. :) She was WAY more popular than me.

She is strong. She is a cancer survivor. Here she is cutting and burning a cheapo wig after all her treatment was through. I remember getting the call from my Dad that she had cancer (Hodgkins Lymphoma). My world stopped. I couldn't carry on with my life. I was scared. But she made it. She is beautiful, isn't she?

She is brave. She is smart. She is fiercly loyal. Tracy is a peacemaker. I can definitely remember times in our younger days where that may not have been the case, but in general, she wants peace. She stays out of arguements. She doesn't gossip. She is hardworking. She gives at least 1/2 of her time to
work. She is really, really gorgeous. I kindof live vicariously through her and her fashion sense. She is an amazing cook and loves to experiment and try all sorts of different foods. You're drawn to people like her. She's Tracy...my sister.
9 comments:
this just brought tears to my eyes. Ugh. Tracy is such a strong and wonderful person, funny and sweet too. this is a great posting.
i love the picture of the two of you on the beach. i bet you have pictures of your girls just like that. your sister is beautiful and she sounds amazing. you are so fortunate to have so many wonderful sisters!
I absolutely am loving this!These pictures and everyones comments are wonderful. Tracy is all that you said and more.She was the easiest of all as a baby and child.She is just about perfect in my eyes.
What would we do without sisters? They are just the best!
I love the pics of you as a little girl. I can totally see your children in you (or vice versa). And I loved Snuffy!!!
Your sister is gorgeous!! She sounds like an amazing woman and how lucky she is to have such a great sister. I love your love for others. You are neat.
Those old pictures are to die for. My next big purchase needs to be a scanner so that I can scan the pictures of my youth.
You are a grea writer. Wish I had a sister.
I loved reading your tribute to Tracy. She really is a wonderful person! I couldn't have asked for better college roommates than you and your sisters. Good times!
I love the look on Tracy's face in the watermelon photo - YUMMY!
Alright, this is wonderful Amy. We gotta find a way to make sure tracy can read this. I couldn't agree with you more on anything said. I have always looked up to her, she has the greatest work ethic of anyone i know. Has fabulous fashion sense, knows how to really take care of herself...helloooo she has a bangin body, and she is so sweet and sensitive and actually I really feel like she looks out for the underdog a lot. She is someone I admire very much, I just wish she knew how great she really is. We love you Tracy!
What a nice tribute Amy - I wish I could put my feelings for people into such beautiful prose - like you do. I love the pics when you were young - again it takes me back to my childhood. Those were my friends eating the watermelon.
Post a Comment