Monday, May 26, 2008

clippers...

OK...so this was Alex on Friday. He stayed home from school not feeling well. I desperately wanted to comb his hair, but he wouldn't have it. He kept asking me if he looked like David Cook. :) He needs a haircut really, really bad. I just can't organize myself enough to get him an appointment. Here's what's strange. I will cut the girls hair...no problem. I somehow manage a bob on Emily, but doing the guys is different for me. The blending, the clippers, ??? Saturday I was done...he needed the trim, I had no appointment, so I bought the clippers.

You know...all things considered, I don't think it turned out too bad. We could have stuffed a pillow with all the hair I cut off. Now Jessica and Brittany B....don't look too close, please. I told you, the blending intimidates me. I need a lesson, but until then...this will do. :)

I just want to give a shout out to my friend sidewalk chalk. HOLLA! I LOVE the stuff. The kids love it. $1 for a cute little bucket at Wally's. Hours of fun. And it all washes away with the next rain...which we have definitely had our fair share of around here.

Molly...post creation. Yum, yum, yum.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

OH MY GOSH. I want to eat your kids. Alex is a knock out and that Molly really is Yum, Yum, YUM!

Kristin said...

You did a great job on his hair!! That picture of him post haircut is really good--what a cute kid. (he's also cute with the shag though--hard to mess up a good thing when you have it!)

Rachel said...

His hair looks GREAT...I do the boys hair here and never had done it before. Yes, it's very intimidating but I don't think the gals at Wal-Mart do any better than we could do!

MommyMert said...

Alex looks so happy to have his hair cut too.. hehe.. Boys hair scares me too.. good job! :) We love the sidewalk chalk too.. Mmm.. Molly. Agreed.

Lady said...

I think you did a great job Amy!! Boys hair isn't really so hard and it's great to have kids to practice on. I save myself $20 to $25 every 3-4 weeks by cutting it myself. (That's a trip to the movies) Also - in that picture post hair cut - He REALLY looks like his dad! Handsome kid!

O family said...

great job on the hair and I love Molly's little braids. so cute

mj said...

Great job,Amy!! I'm proud of you.Alex looks wonderful.Love Emmy's idea of Memorial day. It is a riot what those little minds think.Also love the chalk pictures.we have a "town" in front of our house.You can tell if the chalk art was done by a male or a female. One part has a grocery,a beauty parlor,etc. the other side has knives,arrows,and a jail.All fun!!!

Jessica said...

I think it looks wonderful!