Wednesday, April 1, 2009

happy birthday Aaron...

My nephew Aaron is 11 today! Happy birthday handsome boy! Aaron is the youngest of my brother's 4 boys. He is such a tender kid. As you can tell from the first picture (taken by my brother Joel by the way...most of these are), he is a momma's boy, through and through. Thelma adores him and he adores her. They have a very dear, sweet relationship. They are truly connected. She worries about him, she protects him, and he lets her.



Aaron is a bit of a daredevil. That may be due to his having 3 older brothers who are daredevils too. The kid keeps up with them, but in doing that, breaks A LOT of bones. I'm not even sure how many he has broken, but I heard that the last time he left the hospital with his parents, they walked past a vending machine and he asked if he could get something next time he broke a bone. :) Lots of worry for his poor parents.


Aaron is a happy, playful boy. He reminds me a bit of my Lizzy. You will see him playing by himself a lot. He doesn't necessarily need other people to make him happy. I think that is such a good trait for kids to have. He is intense about football. He plays, but more impressive, he knows EVERYTHING about BYU football and the NFL. Players, stats, old scores. He reads book after book and memorizes what he sees. Ask him a question...he'll know the answer...I promise. :)

Aaron loves to fish, just like his big brother Matthew. And he's persistent. Persistent and patient. My mom says that when they were visiting last summer, the boys fished every day. Aaron never caught a thing...until the last cast of the last day. Never whined or complained, just kept at it. Don't you love that?

He takes after his mom and dad and is quite musical. He plays the violin, but more importantly, the trombone. His daddy plays the trombone, and what little boy doesn't want to be just like his dad. It is so great that they share this passion. I think it actualy inspired my brother to dust off his old trombone and get to playing again. Aaron has actually had a solo in his band concert!

Aaron seems wise beyond his years. He is quiet, contemplative, and tender. We love him so much. Happy Birthday Aaron!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I don't know your family and love reading these birthday post. I love the pictures and i love the words you write.

mj said...

Great post about a great young man. These posts are absolutely wonderful...they bring back such fond memories. Thanks for the memories!!

laurag said...

Aaron, sorry this is a day late. HAppy Birthday to you!!! The more I get to know you and observe you (on the rare occasions I'm home) I've come to notice how you are every mother's dream. You are such a momma's boy, and tender and kind. You're still an exploring, have fun all the time kinda boy, but have an emotional side that will really pay off one day, if it isn't already. We love you Aaron.