
David Joel Nixdorf. David is my sister Lisa's firstborn. :) I was in LOVE with this baby. I had a picture of him as a newborn that I carried around in my scriptures, and I would stare at it all the time. I clearly remember her saying that he used to look like Yoda. That is NOT a compliment, in case you wondered. I would and still do get defensive of my little David. Yes, he had twice as much skin as he needed, and he was all wrinkly, but I thought he was just perfect. He only got cuter too.

Beautiful, beautiful, happy, little boy. Being held here by Tracy, who was being held together by Aquafresh hairspray! :)

What I remember most about David as a kid was his happy personality. He laughed a lot. I can remember some tantrums too, but mostly laughing and giggling. I can remember several family get togethers where he was dressed as a pirate, a knight, and NO...it wasn't halloween. As a mom, I now realize just how cool my sister Lisa was to allow it. He was SO cute...how could you resist? I also remember him being quite loud. Perfect for the Temple family.


David and My mom came to pick me up from the airport together one year when I came home from college. He was so excited. Look at that happy face...with those GIGANTIC sunglasses!

David has spent the last few years on tours in the middle east for the army. He is actually on his 4th now. 4th. Uuugh. When this one is over though...no more re-enlisting. Wahoo! My kids (aside from Alex as a 3 month old) have never even met David. That makes me sad. It's so wierd. Since we only make it home every other summer, and he is never there when we are, we miss him. My kids pray for him every day though. For his safety. They know the Lord will bless him. In a way, I think that keeps us all connected. When they do finally meet him, they will know who he is, and that their prayers were answered.

David is such a great brother to little Adam (definitely NOT little anymore). Adam thinks the world of him. And I think Dave is cool with it. Not many big brothers want a little boy tagging along, but David has always been good to him. Best buddies. :)


David is determined to go back to school when he gets through with Iraq. Then, he will by and sell properties and become rich. And when he does, maybe he will live in Hawaii and fly the Schofield's there for a visit. :) Love you David!
6 comments:
These are so wonderful Amy, I hope everyone in the family knows these are here. We love you so much David. We miss you too. I still remember so well too when you were a little toddler - man you could not have been any cuter. HAPPY DAY!
This is so great. I love Dave. I miss him. What a cruddy place to spend your birthday :(
David really was one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen !! His actions were adorable too. He was always happy and made people laugh. I am so appreciative of his millitary service.I know that he will be blessed because of it. Love you,David.
Thanks for doing these Amy. They are wonderful. You should print them and give them to us for Christmas. (or can we just print them?) Love you.Lisa
BTW, he only looked like Yoda when he was a tiny baby. He was a doll by 3 months. Just to set the record straight. Lisa
Amy:
I LOVE your niece and nephew...family...birthday posts. In fact, I love it so much that I'm going to copy you and do it on my blog as well. I hope you don't mine.
Remember, that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Post a Comment