Friday, April 24, 2009

president?


I got an email from Alex's teacher the other day with this writing assignment attached. I loved it SO much. You'd vote for him, wouldn't you?

I want to be president for a day. Here are my reasons why. First, I have great leadership skills. I mean I have been president of the class for a whole week, so I know how to act. I also have been a team captain for a whole basketball season. Also, I have been a leader for picking up trash for six blocks! (Also, in German my name means a protector and leader of a family.)

Second, I treat people nicely. I always try to help, no matter what the danger. I always give people a second chance. I am also funny, but that’s not the point. I never ever make jokes about others.

Last, I have great qualities. For example: I’m honest, I never lie. I’m smart because I’ve been studying. Also, I’m true.

Here are the reasons that you should let me be president for a day. I have great leadership skills. I treat others nicely, and I have great qualities. I’ve done all these things, so don’t you think you should give me a chance to act as president?

10 comments:

laurag said...

I wasn't planning on blogging much today but how could I resist not replying to this. I am so in love with that son of yours Amy. I am so impressed too with how stinking smart he is, and not just in the academic sense. I mean, teenagers running for president in HS would be better off reading his speach. Way to go Alex, what a true and honest and kind person you are.

O family said...

This is awesome. Not only is it cute as can be but also, he is using transitional phrases so well. It seems like he really would do a great job. This made me smile

mj said...

Alex sure gets my vote !!! He really has it all together.What a smart sensitive boy he is.

Rachel said...

Well, that's just the sweetest thing...I'd vote for him in a heartbeat! Just what this country needs.

Lisa said...

He did a great job with the writing. I would definately vote for Alex. He's awesome.

Kristin said...

He is a really good writer. I see some great potential.

He got my vote.

Michelle said...

WOW. What a handsome, smart boy. Reminds me of a high schooler.

Lady said...

I love it!!!

April Kennedy said...

Alex, would you please seriously consider running for President of the United States! The world needs more men like you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, yes, Alex for President!
Aunt Jane