Tuesday, September 23, 2008

reading.






There are very few photos of me as a kid without a book in my hands. Even asleep in bed, they were surrounding my feet, draped across my chest. I actually had one of my dad's old briefcases, completely stuffed with my favorite books, and I used to sleep with it. Every night. :) My Dad instilled my love of reading. Why can't I seem to find the time any more?


Some one flipped off Alex at school today. A 1st grader. ??? His response...that's like 17 cuss words.

10 comments:

MommyMert said...

Its your addiction to reality TV. :) hehe... I'm glad you love to read. I also love to read. I cant believe he got flipped off. Hmm...

sarahandmatt said...

I don't think it's about finding the time for me. It's about finding a good book. It's really hard! Let me know if you find one!
Sarah

Kristin said...

What I love so much about these pictures is seeing so much of your children in your sweet face.

Books are great though. Love em. I used to pretend i had a library. I would cover my books in some plastic stuff cause i loved getting books from the real library with that covering stuff on it that made noise. It's one thing I want my kids to love . . .I think it's why I love reading people's blogs. It's like reading a story--and it's true!!

Heard about "the finger" on this end too. Makes me kind of grouchy. Grouchy that it's now been a dinner table topic in my house--that my children have to ask "what does that mean Mom?"-that another piece of their innocence is chipped away by someone else. Argh . . .

Jaime Stephens said...

I love the pictures of you very fun.. I can't believe a 1st grader did that to sweet Alex but I love his reply he is a cool kid!

Michelle said...

Oh my. Where to start. I love the photos of you as a kid. So great. I love that you have tried to take pictures of your kids reading books, because of your fond pictures with yours. And poor Alex. What is happening in our schools? Was he upset about or did he let it roll off his back? Seriously? What will it be like in 5 years when I send Gavin to School?

Rachel said...

Makes me so sad (and angry at the same time) to think of some punk flipping off sweet Alex...scary for me to think about how young they are starting to learn bad things.
Love those photos...reading is such a great thing to love!

mj said...

Love this blog It really can't express how completely obsessed you were with your books. You took at least one book EVERYWHERE you went.To the grocert store,to the movies,to church, on a family walk.It didn't matter that you probably wouldn't be able to read it....it just had to be there in case. I can't believe what the boy did to Alex. It makes me worry about people.

Unknown said...

hey it's me Arlynn. it's so nice to see you here! I love reading everyone's updates. How are things with your family? Molly's hair is sooo long and beautiful!

O family said...

I love all of the pictures of you with the books. So super cute! It makes me sad that Alex had that happen to him. Dan and I were talking about that. I would have wanted to talk to the kid's parents! I just don't know what I will do when I can't protect Quinn from stuff like that.

Melissa Yergensen said...

You know I didn't really get into reading when I was a kid, I really wish I had. I love it so much now, wierd. I love it that my kids see me reading and want to be reading too, I think they will learn to love it as kids. That would be so huge for me.

The punk who flipped off sweet Alex ...that seriously makes me so mad. But I seriously love what he said about it, so cool. He is such a good kid, sincerely good. Marley saw him walking home from school the other day as we were driving by and she rolled down the window and yelled out to him. Some kids his age would have ignored her or been embarassed that a little girl knew his name, but not Alex! He just yelled hi Marley! right back! So cool.