Sunday, September 14, 2008

our favorites...


This is what my cute Emily did during sacrament meeting today. She started out writing everyone's name...first.middle.last. Then she wrote next to every name, that person's favorite thing to do. When she got to me, she wrote "eat". After we both laughed out loud, in the middle of the meeting, she decided to ask me "for real" what my favorite thing was. I told her to put "taking pictures". I love it, she knows it, I felt like that was a safe enough answer. Then I saw what she wrote for Dave and I wanted to cry. Playing with them really IS his favorite thing...it's mine too. That should have been my first response. I'm going to be more like Dave this week. He is so attentive to the kids. He involves them, plays with them, laughs with them. By the time he gets home from work, I'm tired...but seriously, I should never be too tired for them.

8 comments:

mj said...

This made me all teary. Sweet,sweeet Emily.What a wonderful answer she had for Dave. I think it really fits both of you ! how blessed your children are to have both of you.

Michelle said...

Very, very sweet. I just love that girl and I love your family. I love how she sees you, too. You aren't too tired for them you are just with them ALL DAY. You are a great mom! Great mom!

Jessica said...

That is so dang cute!! I love it how kids tend to brighten the day with their little creations!

Kristin said...

I love this Amy! What a treasure. You are a great Mom!! Don't ever think differently.

Rachel said...

I LOVE this...love it that she knows each of her family members so well.
Congrats, by the way, on a NEW CAR!!! So exciting.

sarahandmatt said...

your blog always makes me happy.
Sarah

O family said...

this really is super cute! She sure did get all of the favorites down. sweet

laurag said...

Dave is such a good example to all of us. What a wonderful thing/drawling Emily did.