I put Margie down for a nap at around 10. She slept for 20 minutes (after being up 4 times last night) then sat up and fussed. Her head is hot. Her nose is runny. She can hardly breathe with her pacie hogging up her whole mouth. She was done...and I was angry. Angry at my sick little baby. I had fallen asleep on the couch, but woke to her screeches. I called Dave to warn him that I just may not be able to handle things today. I lose patience fast anyhow, but when I'm tired...forget it.
Just when I thought I just may toss her out the window, I got a call from the school. It was Lizzy. She had gotten hurt at recess. She was sad and embarrassed. I kept asking her if she needed me to come get her and bring her home or if she thought she would be ok. I could tell she was sobbing on the other end. I needed to rescue her. I knew she was mostly embarrassed that kids had laughed at her when she fell. They said she needed to gain some weight. ??? I have a hard time picturing my kids nervous or sad or worried. I want to stop it. Fix it. I have had no control all day over my baby and her grouchiness, but I COULD control this. I could drive over to that school, hug my sweet, tender little girl, and bring her home with me. Something happened to my heart as I was loading the baby and Molly into the car. It softened. I am a mother. That is what I was sent to this earth to do. To nurture. To serve. To sacrifice. To teach. I REALLY needed that reminder today.



6 comments:
What an excellent reminder. Thanks for sharing.
You are such a sweet mom, Amy. You have very lucky kids.
Sweet Elizabeth. I love her. She is beautiful.
And what a great reminder for all of us mommies--about what it's all about. Sometimes it can be hard to remember that what we do, all day long, day after day is service to those that matter the most.
I need that reminder more than once every day. Why is it so easy to forget? (fatigue and pain do most of it, I think) So grateful you could rescue sweet Elizabeth and that she could rescue YOU and bring this sweet reminder.
I love this. Thanks for sharing.
what a special mom you are. it sounds funny, but reading your blog makes me want to have baby! You are an inspiration.
Post a Comment