
17. I am thankful that I get to serve with the YW. I am the camp director, so technically I don't really belong at mututal on Tuesdays. I go anyhow. Partly to get out of the house for a bit, but mostly because I love it. I love the girls. I hope I can make a difference in their lives. I am amazed at their potential. I hope they always remember their value, and how good it feels to be good.

18. I am thankful for a dependable running partner. Tara is awesome. She makes me happy in the mornings...the cold, dark, early mornings. She has faith in me. We have great conversation. We laugh (which is hard to do when you're out of breath, by the way). She pushes me. And she's there...every day.

19. I am thankful for my Emily. For many reasons. She is happy. I got a message from the school the other day, telling me that Alex and Lizzy were each going to get an award at the reflections assembly next week. Not Emily. Fine...if the same exact thing hadn't happened for the past 2 years. I was really worried about her and her confidence. I cried about it, thinking of her being sad. I called people to ask them what to do. I ended up calling her into my room after school and telling her I had a secret. She growled a funny little growl showing frustration that she didn't win...again, then she went on with her day. She is excited for A & E. I underestimated her. I really did. She is a great girl.
I had a photoshoot yesterday afternoon and left all 5 kids home alone. I'm pretty confident doing that, but not 100%. Alex and Lizzy spent the time on the computer. Emily got Margaret up from a nap and played with her/carried her around until I got home. I am so proud of her and so grateful for her. She is a helper. She is a sweet, sweet girl.
6 comments:
I think Emily's amazing...it says SO MUCH about the person that she's going to be. I think she'll always be that one that takes care of you when you get older.
I love your kids, every one. But I realate most to Emily. She sounds alike like how I was as a kid and it makes me smile to her about her growls of frusteration. Hooray on running and YW too.
I love that Emily too. Very much. I love that she growled.
You do have a fantastic running partner in Tara--and friend. I love Tara.
And the YW. I love them so much. Miss them even more. They have so much in front of them. And they are so lucky to have leaders like you. (and all the other ones too of course)
I am grateful for you. You make me laugh, some mornings you should get at least 20 dollars an hour for being my pyscholigist and I just love ya too pieces. One day you will have faith in yourself as much as I do( maybe that will be 18 next year) Boston 2012:)
I love your thankful list Amy. I agree about miss Emily. She is so amazing. Her sweet spirit is so very evident even as i pass her in the hallways at school.
You and Dave are such wonderful parents. i wish I'd known you as I was raising my own daughters.
Okay, so it looks like I found out your secret: a dependable running partner. I used to have one of those (only walking). Moving is hard.
Post a Comment