
14. I'm thankful for perfume. I've always had a thing for it. I used to wear Liz Claiborne every single day. My dad loved it on me, so he bought me lots. My good friend Julie Kohn wore Ralph Lauren. I often wished my dad loved the smell of that one too. Not so. I used to buy all those lame, cheap knock-offs at the drug store. I had a LOT of them. Remember the tiny little aerosole cans? My second obsession started while I was in Jerusalem. I had a cute friend named Erin Nelson. She was fun and crazy, and everyone wanted to be around her. That, AND she smelled good. You could tell she had been in a room, by the heavenly smell she left behind. I can remember heading up to the chapel, week after week, and knowing Erin was already there. I could smell her. In the BEST way. She wore Quelques Fleurs. She got it duty free on the airplane. I REALLY wanted some when I got home and just happened to find it at a fragrance outlet at the beach. Wore it for years. I still do, actually. Along with Amarige by Givenchy, and that pretty little number in the picture. I got that tiny little bottle from my sister Laura for my birthday. I love to get all dressed, hair done, made up...then add a tiny splash of that on my neck to top it off. It makes me feel good...and pretty. As a sidenote, I used to wear Happy by Clinique...when I was pregnant with Alex. Can't even smell the stuff now without wanting to wretch.
15. This one will be much shorter, but much more significant to me. I love my ward. It is a family. It is made up of such good, good people. I feel comfortable at church. Happy. Refreshed. Valued.
8 comments:
Ditto on our ward. I was big on the perfume exclamation! Do you remember that? I heard from a friend that one of the boys I liked, liked that scent, so I bought the combo pack and sprayed so much on myself that I passed out in band that morning (not to mention, in trying to impress that boy TOTALLY turned him off with TOO much exclamation.) Ha Ha.
Ward = smiles! lol @ michelles comment. I do remember exclamation though, still love happy and will try not to wear it around you.. Love Ralph Lauren Romance. Wore it on the wedding day... still brings me back. HATE the smell of VS Pear and Sunflower. Blah!
Well my "roommate" (not Greg/Ross) really has a hankering for perfume. We know EXACTLY where she has been in the house courtesy of her eau de toilet. For some reason I just never feel like I can get away with it - so I spray the smallest amount possible to say that I am wearing perfume. I need to up my perfume confidence level.
loving the new header. i never knew you loved perfume so much, good to know..
I would never have guessed you love perfume so much...glad I know that. :) I get headaches from strong perfumes so I keep my consumption on the down-low a bit, but wished I wore it more. AGREED on the ward. I love that I get to see all my friends every Sunday (and in between).
So glad you are in your ward !I remember you teenage preferances well.I'm always afraid that i have too much on, but in an hour you
can't tell I have anything on at all.
I didn't know that about your love for perfume either. :-) I used to love Happy too. Not sure when that changed. I used to wear it all the time . . . . .I need to find one I love again. Lisa, my sister, always smells good. Her perfume made her room downstairs yummy.
And yes, you do belong to a fantastic ward. It's funny. I still feel like I belong there too. Just on vacation or something.
I still look for Quelques fleurs in the stores and think of you!
Post a Comment