Thursday, November 11, 2010

the 11th...

I lead a pretty charmed life. I always have. This picture right here is probably the worst I ever had it. We don't look thrilled, do we? Really though...I was dropped right into what I guess many people on this earth would call a dream. I was blessed enough to have been born in this country. That is what I'm most grateful for today. I have so many freedoms, so many blessings, so many opportunities...because of this wonderful place where I live. I'm grateful for the people who have toiled and labored to make this country great.

I was born into a loving, affectionate family. I've never questioned whether or not my parents or my siblings love me. I really never have. My dad had a steady income. I'm sure there were times when my parents wished there was more money, but I never knew about it. I always had food, clothing, shelter. I never had to do without. I've been healthy my whole life. I have a body that has allowed me to bear 5 children. I am strong, and happy, and loved. I could keep right on going, but I won't. I'll save some other good stuff for later.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

thank you for all these reminders of how much there is to be thankful for.