Monday, November 22, 2010

20 & 21 & 22...

20. I think Utah is beautiful. I always have. Only recently though, have I noticed just how breathtaking it is and how lucky I am to live here. A few months ago, I was coming home from a photoshoot up in the canyon. It was September. About 7pm. The leaves were all sorts of colors. I came down past Bridal Veil and saw this. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. It completely took my breath away. The mountains are majestic. Another reminder that the Lord loves us.

21. I am thankful for my niece Christy. She is my oldest sister Lisa's daughter. She just graduated from BYU and is now working in Orem. She comes over every week for dinner and babysits every other week. Things just run smoother when Christy is around. The kids love her. She loves them. She helps me. Sometimes I forget they are actually my kids and I still need to tend to them. :)

22. I love my friends. I don't have a picture that shows ALL of them. I would say I have 15-20 DEAR friends. Really. People I can call if I'm in a pinch. People who I put down as my emergency contacts. I have powerful, righteous friends. Funny friends. Kind friends. They enrich my life...every day. Some are far away, some are just around the corner. Each one is a treasure.

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

Oh! I love that picture of all of us. I havent seen any of those pictures! I barely look pregnant in that picture. bahaha... good times. Why did I FEEL so much bigger?? So grateful for you too. xo

Tami Anderson said...

Look at the beautiful Melissa. What would we do without our friends? I'm glad you are one of mine.

Melissa Yergensen said...

Ah geez, Tami, thanks!
I loved that night so much and I love my friends. We need another one ASAP! HUGS!!
By the way, will you email me some of those pics? Thanks.

Michelle said...

We are so lucky to have such great friends! I feel so blessed. And ditto to what Melissa said, will you please send me some pictures from that night?

Rachel said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto on all counts. Send pictures, I love our friends. What a great list today.

Christina & Andrew said...

Thanks :) I love you so much!

Kristin said...

Oh I love that picture. what a treasure. When I scrolled down and saw that my heart skipped a beat and my eyes got all stingy. I love you guys. So much.

Anyhow, I think Utah is beautiful too. The mountains are incredible. And you are blessed with that sweet niece of yours.