Thursday, February 25, 2010

what do you think?


My predicted winner this season. He is hands down my favorite. The most talented musician in my opinion. They rode him way too hard last night. As someone who loves "Sugar, we're goin down", I thought he was brilliant. Do I dare use such a strong word? Yeah, I do. It was totally unique. Never off-pitch. I'm wondering if the judges even know the song. Simon telling him it wasn't original enough kindof threw me for a loop. Andrew Garcia...all the way. All. The. Way.


There were really only about 5 or 6 others I was OK with...boys and girls combined. Tyler (funky style, great voice), Alex Lambert, Casey, Lee, Didi, Janell, Siobhan (pleasantly surprised), Katie. OK...9. I would say about half of the contestants were decent, the other half...whew. Not enjoyable. Awkward at times. Blech.


*On another note...
7 weeks ago, I weighed "x" pounds.
Today, I weigh x-12.
By the beach this summer, I hope to weigh x-25.
That's 13 more pounds and I think I can do it.
By typing it here...I'm now accountable. :)

10 comments:

London said...

I agree with your winningest choice. Unique and brilliant suit his style and are not too strong of words by any means. I'm new to this site and hope you dont mind me leaping in. Good luck with the "x-25" before the beach.

emlizalmo said...

Thanks London! :)

Rachel said...

I'm with you there, friend. (We haven't watched last night's show YET, but my favorites thus far have been Garcia and Didi.) And WHOO HOO on the -12! You'll look SMASHING at the beach. :)

Melissa Yergensen said...

You are lookin' HOT!!! :)
How is your leg??? Appt. tomorrow, right? Call and let me know what they say, k?

Ryan + Jess said...

Good for you on the -12! That is an excellent accomplishment. You are amazing.

Lisa said...

Yeah, not too impressed with many of the top 24. Do really like the Garcia guy. And most of the ones you mentioned. Some of the others were....lets just say I turned the volume down.
Yepee for the -12. Keep going. What's wrong with your leg? Love you.

Michelle said...

I forgot this was a beach year for you. What a great motivator and congrats on loosing so much so far!

sarahandmatt said...

congrats on the weight loss!!! how are you doing it?

Payne said...

Way to go with your weight loss! I'm gaining what you are losing.

Garcia has a great voice but I think the girls are going to steal the show this year.

I love:

white hair
dreads
Janelle (so sad she left)
& emotional girl

dark horse = girl who sang "Wicked Game"

Anonymous said...

I haven't watched AI in a few weeks (not sure why)... I need to tune back in! Congrats on the -12! You are basically halfway to your goal! woo hoo!