
I have nothing profound to say today. I haven't for a few days, actually. For some reason, that keeps me from posting at all. I skip over the every day stuff. Well not today, folks. I have lots of it...possibly enough for another post tomorrow.
February is dreary. I am tired of trying my darndest to get natural light pictures inside of my house. I am ready for some spring to start happening around here. I heard some birds chirping this morning, but then they realized it was too cold and left.
When I leave the house for any lengthy amount of time, this is the sort of thing that happens. Dave entertains the kids. Here we have a banana car, complete with 4 tires and a steering wheel...all banana. Molly LOVED it. I'm so glad Dave thinks to grab the camera when I'm not around.

Look what my husband can do. I was doing the cross-your-legs-as-hard-as-you-can-and-hope-for-the-best kind of laugh. Dave is a riot. For some reason this makes me think of the post I did about Emily catching flies with her bare hands. Guess what? She caught another...in sacrament meeting. We did our best to stay reverent, but sent her out to release it and wash up. She is truly amazing.

The kids keep putting these Build-a-Bear glasses on Margaret. Once again...crossing the legs. We laugh SO hard at her, and she just looks around like she is Mrs. Cool.

Saturday while I was at a baby shower, the rest of the family was building this fort, decked out with twinkle lights. The kids think Dad is so cool. Not sure what they think about me.

Friday after school. Emily and Elizabeth always run in smiling, looking for Margaret. Alex has better things to do, but the twins...they love that baby. They tote her everywhere. I rely on them a lot. Too much, probably. You know what though, it's good for them. They are learning traits that will make them wonderful mothers. They are gems.

Margaret loves the piano. Playing with the pedals is fun, but she's even happier when someone cares enough to put her up on the bench, then stands there with her so she doesn't flip over backwards onto her head causing a slight rug burn. If she's having a come-apart, it's a sure thing that you can put her on the bench, let her pound, and she's quickly forgotten what she was so grumpy about.
I love my family. So much. They are my joy...and my pain. Pretty much my everything.
11 comments:
mmmm.... good post. I love the day to day stuff. I love those children of yours. I miss you. Dang... your hubby is amazing. I needs to get me some of that imagination. ;) We watch lots of movies right now. I am boring. And... I need spring too. Yes, I need it. I want to smell like earth, and get little pink cheeks, and play on swings, and not be stuck in the house. I appreciate the moisture, but could use some running around. Perhaps its time for St. George.
What a great post...what a great hubby/daddy in your house of love...great pictures...great kids...great sunglasses on a great baby...just GREAT!
Dave is great.
So are you.
And your kiddos.
Loved the post.
Margeret looks awesome in those pink shades.
--kristin
that banana car is AWESOME!! Dave is always coming up with the best stuff.
Love the last picture of emily and margaret. so cute.
The people who post on your blog always say exactly what I was going to say. As you know,writing is not one of my strengths....so I sort of compose in my mind what I will say as I am looking thru your blog.Then I see that someone like MommyMert and Rachel say the same thing.eg:great post.I love the day to day stuff,then just read Rachel's
I love your day to day posts. I love all of them really. That banana car is amazing! I need to get one of those for myself! :) Love you!
That banana car is AMAZING!!! I laughed out loud about Margaret's glasses.
I love this post. Dave is a great husband and father. I love seeing the joy on your kids faces in the everyday.
SO fun! My favorite is the one at the door. I love to see older kids care for their siblings. It makes me smile when James chases Joshua around the house. Such cute girls you have! (And Alex, too!)
Sooo cute!! That Dave is something special!
I just looked at these again, and I am absolutely in love with Emmy and Margaret at the door !!!
Post a Comment