I hope I'm not the only person who feels this way...but Sunday's are hard around here. We don't have church until one o'clock, but somehow still manage to be frantic that last hour. I go to get myself ready, then realize I haven't done anyone's hair. I'm frustrated because Dave can't help me out with that. Has everyone had lunch? Alex, do you have your church shoes on? Mom, I can't find my scriptures. Emily, did you brush your teeth? Has someone gotten Margaret dressed? Really, it isn't this hard to get somewhere on weekdays. Frustration.
Yesterday as we were barking at eachother, rushing to get out the door in time, I found myself craving church. I KNEW the peace I would feel once we got there. Once we were all seated in the chapel next to eachother. Once I could feel the sweet spirit calming my anxiety. I am so grateful that I have a place like that to go to. That I know how it will improve my day. That I don't have to rely on things or substances to feel better. I know we are blessed for being obedient. Yesterday was a good day.




8 comments:
I think you know who is trying to frustrate you before church! Just kick him in the shins and embrace these frantic Sabbath mornings. It will be a fond memory in each of your children's minds someday as they get their children ready for church.
The end.
That is exactly how I feel every Sunday morning...frantic and stressed. But I could need to be somewhere at 9 a.m. on a weekday and it wouldn't feel like that. I definitely feel that Satan wants to keep us from finding that peace that gets us through another week. The trick, I guess, is to remember and fight back.
fun picture! I am jealous of you. Our church was cancelled yesterday for the fifth time this winter!!! I can't remember the last time we went to church two weeks in a row...but it is pretty special to have our very own little sacrament meeting with our kids.
I only have to get myself ready and can only imagine how much worse it would be if there were others. Spen is already hard enough ;) "Where's my tie? Didja iron my shirt? I cant find socks." I'm always glad to walk into chapel and let it all go.
Wow I feel the same way! We were all sick so no frantic day yesterday for us. Man does Satan work hard on us. Hopefully we can make it soon with us all there!
I love, love, love that picture of your family.
--kristin
hmm I want church at 10.... I do like that picture!
The picture is so cute ! You must be far more spiritual than I was with little children. I don't think I ever went in to church, sat down and stayed down.Someone always needed to be taken out,so I couldn,t feelthe wonderful peace that I wanted to.Dad was always sitting up front or gone, so he was no help whatsoever.I sometimes wondered why I went every week.Glad I did tho.
Post a Comment