Monday, October 25, 2010

change is in the air...

This kid is dreamy. I love him so much. He just got new glasses. He picked these bold red/black Umbro frames. He looks even more like an artist now. A handsome little artist. I was concerned that they may be feminine. I'm not really sure why I thought that. Glasses are tough for boys. Girls frames are coming out the ears, with a dash of boys frames mixed in. I'll tell you what though...when the Bishop oooed and aaahhed over them at church the other day, Alex was sold. He already loved them, but with the Bishop's approval, it was a sure thing. The Bishop is cool. If he liked them, Alex was happy. He was pretty smiley as the Bishop walked away. It was really cute.

Alex wants to grow...tall...like right now. SO, he is eating more. He will now eat pizza, which is a big deal around here. He's still not a fan of tomatoes or tomato sauce, but he'll try them before telling me he's not. Just the fact that he is willing to taste. It thrills me. He is by far my pickiest eater, and he's trying things. He's eating himself silly at dinner. We went to Tucanos on Saturday with my parents. Alex ate more than I have ever witnessed. To top off all the meat, he even ate a chicken heart. A CHICKEN HEART. ALEX. I couldn't stop gushing. I am a proud mom today!

6 comments:

sarahandmatt said...

I love that you're proud of him for eating a chicken heart. Yuck. Why do they have to grow up?

MommyMert said...

hmmm... chicken heart. hmm... ew. Congrats to your brave son. :)

Michelle said...

I loved watching him in the program. He was cool, but not "too cool." He's so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Great glasses.

Jonathan wants to grow taller, too, right now, maybe even yesterday. He is the smallest in his class. He jokes about being as small as 4th graders--but I'm not sure inside how much he is joking.

Glad he has decided to give pizza a shot. ;-) And chicken hearts.

What a great kid he is. He is missed SO much by Jonathan. There is no one here he can relate to like he did Alex. He has friends. But NO ONE like Alex. Man do I miss Alex too. (and the list could go on)

How fun that your parents are in town. Have a great visit.

--kristin

Rachel said...

He is SO handsome, Amy. I LOVE those glasses. And I agree with Michelle 100%. I think Alex will always be kind and a friend to everyone, no matter how 'cool' he gets and THAT'S very, very cool. ;)

Melissa Yergensen said...

Oh man, that kid is handsome! And I personally think he is very cool! I always thought the artists were the cool ones.