As I've mentioned before, Margaret likes to pull Molly's hair. I used to think it was just the pretty color. She wanted to touch it. I don't think so anymore. She knows it's naughty. She'll grab a handful then look around to see who notices. Molly ALWAYS notices. She screams for help, but never hurts Margaret. I'll tell you what, if someone grabbed a chunk of my hair, repeatedly, every day, I would snap. I would swat her. Molly never does. She is so kind and gentle with her. Another way this sweet girl impresses me. Today, we practiced grabbing Margaret's wrist, and leaning INTO her hand rather than pulling away. I think it just might work.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
molly the good girl...
As I've mentioned before, Margaret likes to pull Molly's hair. I used to think it was just the pretty color. She wanted to touch it. I don't think so anymore. She knows it's naughty. She'll grab a handful then look around to see who notices. Molly ALWAYS notices. She screams for help, but never hurts Margaret. I'll tell you what, if someone grabbed a chunk of my hair, repeatedly, every day, I would snap. I would swat her. Molly never does. She is so kind and gentle with her. Another way this sweet girl impresses me. Today, we practiced grabbing Margaret's wrist, and leaning INTO her hand rather than pulling away. I think it just might work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
What a great lesson you are teaching Molly. We can totally be in control of our moods and CHOOSE to be happy. Easier said than done, sometimes, but what a great thing. I consider that to be the second greatest give my mother gave me. She was all about happiness. It was plastered in chinese symbols on our walls, we had FHE's on it. She wore it around her neck and always asked us about the happiest thing that happened to us every day so that we could see the good and joy that is all around us. (My first favorite thing she taught me is a love of God and a testimony of the gospel. Most importantly: if we do our part, he will do his).
It's great that she's sweet these days. You need a little balance with that Margaret around! ;)
You are so great Amy. I want to be so much better at blogging the everyday. You're an inspiration!
I love AGENCY...especially when we learn to use it in the most positive way possible. THANK YOU for sharing this...I need to try this a little more with Ethan.
great post. Molly is such a sweetheart. I am so thankful that we have free agency, and can choose for ourselves, but sometimes the choices are really tough, aren't they? Can't wait to see you in 2 days.
well, I just can't believe you anymore - Brittany Birnel and i were talking at Enrichment last week, about how great we think you are and she told me you have the seriously most kind, sweet adorable kids around. so, I think you're making it up:) ok not really, maybe SHE could be the one making it up:) erin
What a wonderful mother you are Amy, you give your kids such good guidance, help them to be such good people. Your message and lesson of kindness and more kindness rings in my head now - you are such a special person.
Love,
Vanessa
I love how you are teaching her that!! I am still learning that one. She has a big head start. Very cool Mommy moment Amy.
that is a sweet picture of those 2. I really can't believe how big your margaret is getting. It's gone by so fast. They are beautiful. All 5 of them.
Sidenote--Lydia was looking at ally's class picture and there is a sweet looking girl with beautiful hair like mollys in her class and Lydia was so sure it was Molly. She kept saying "Molly". It was cute. I am glad she remembers Molly.
I meant to also say how big Molly is getting as well. Sweet thing.
Post a Comment