Wednesday, October 27, 2010

down a notch...

She's cute, right? That little one on the left. OK, now that we have that established, let me tell you how I'm feeling the past few days. Margaret yells...a lot. I would actually call it more of a screech. Like a cross between a hawk and what I would imagine a teradactyl sounded like. The pitch is unusually high. They are short, intense, loud bursts coming out of this cute thing. You see...she doesn't speak yet. At all. No, I take that back. Molly and I are pretty sure she just said, "Eyes. Uh-oh. Ball." All with prompts. She should have quite an extensive vocabulary by now. She really should. I know not to worry. Molly didn't talk a bit until she was a nice 21.5 months old. Now her vocabulary amazes me. I know the speech will come. But the screeching has to stop. This morning I woke up to it, with remnants from yesterday's headache still in there. She can't tell me what she wants. She can point and screech. Point and screech. Point and screech. While I run around like a crazy, trying to guess what it is she's asking for. I'm really, really tired. She's waking up every night, screeching from tooth pain (I think). She goes to bed screeching. Screeches while eating. Screeches when her diaper is dirty. My poor head.

8 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Austin is such a screecher, too. I couldn't stand the high-pitched screaming/yelling. I'm happy to say that now that he talks more it has been steadily decreasing. Couldn't happen soon enough. Hopefully she will start expressing herself in a less migraine-inducing way soon! Love you!

Lisa said...

Gavin is in the mommy stage. If Valerie leaves his sight he cries. She is going bananas. Even if he hears her voice but can't see her, he cries. These little ones are lucky they are so darn cute!! Love you and good luck.

sarahandmatt said...

Well, it could be worse. You could have a screeching baby and Not be totally HOT!! Wow! You look so good in that picture! Just think about that next time she's driving you nuts. :)

Christina & Andrew said...

Oh Margie... I'll rescue you from her screams this friday and saturday. Love you.

London said...

I think it's great you are raising a little dino at your house. Just think how much worse it could be if she could fly. Now that would cause chaos! ;) Hope things get better. AND you can still take me up on my offer anytime.

Kristin said...

I love that picture.

I hate it when it feels constant. That is so hard. Hugs--

Still a darling picture.

Vanessa said...

A little off topic, I know, but I wanted to say that you look amazing! Glowing, beautiful, so slim! xx

Caroline said...

Amy - I remember that Quinn did not speak very early. Michele and Dan taught her a few words in sign language. It was very helpful for them. Maybe you could teach Margaret just a few signs to help her express what she wants/needs.

Love ya - Caroline