I didn't feel like smiling much this weekend. I was stressed. I get that way sometimes. So stressed, that the thought of one more thing on my plate makes me just want to go to bed. I get anxious, over things that normally wouldn't make me feel that way. The anxiety builds and builds until my head is spinning. I look at my to do list, and cry. Overwhelmed. Simple tasks that any other day would be a breeze. Not when I'm feeling this way though. Small things seem huge. Not possible. Daunting. Until I do them. Then I feel relieved, accomplished, at peace. I get this way every few months and I don't like it one single bit. Not today though. I'm happy today.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
sometimes...
I didn't feel like smiling much this weekend. I was stressed. I get that way sometimes. So stressed, that the thought of one more thing on my plate makes me just want to go to bed. I get anxious, over things that normally wouldn't make me feel that way. The anxiety builds and builds until my head is spinning. I look at my to do list, and cry. Overwhelmed. Simple tasks that any other day would be a breeze. Not when I'm feeling this way though. Small things seem huge. Not possible. Daunting. Until I do them. Then I feel relieved, accomplished, at peace. I get this way every few months and I don't like it one single bit. Not today though. I'm happy today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
That is how I feel every week when I sit down to prepare my Gospel Doctrine lesson!
That picture made me smile too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts today!
I relate so much. It seems to come 'in spurts.' Then I think of how much I've asked of you lately... :( I'm so sorry, Amy. I'm grateful for you and all you do FOR ME!!! I'm glad today's a happy day. :)
Rachel...it really has nothing to do with what is on my list. It's all about my coping mechanisms. I didn't have any coping skills last week, whether or not I was preparing ornaments. I mean it. <3
I love this picture. Don't love the double chin and large cheek action, but I LOVE the smile and the super saturday in the back ground. It really is a great day. I heart it so much. Not as much as I love YOU! So glad you moved into this ward!
I totally get that way! I find that when I put first things first (read my scriptures, get my work done) I can pull myself out of it pretty quickly. Well, usually...
P.S. You look so beautiful in that picture!
What a fabulous picture Amy. You are so lucky to have such great friends. Really lucky. I would love a few of yours. :-)
I love you when you're happy and when you're stressed. I just love you. I'll miss you!!
Amy--I have been there so many times. I get overwhelemed so easy, it's crazy. Today is a weird day. My parents left today so I'm sad. My house is a DISASTER!!!!! And I am just sitting here at my computer missing all my friends and my parents and Provo--and I'm so proud of MIchelle too. And I want to be there to celebrate with her and maybe try to keep up with her and go to super saturday with all of you and laugh and eat and chat and maybe attempt to craft--and then I think about the ones I missed for this reason or that and it makes me sad. I thought it would all last forever or some silly thing and I'd just go next year. anyhow, I have missed being online-I put it off and off and get running around and don't get on here and then, when I do, I'm happy I did. I'll get the house clean later. Today I spent the afternoon "with" my friends.
We miss you Kristin. A lot. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and your family. I am so sorry your parents left today. That always seems to leave a void for me. I'm glad your friends could help to fill it. Love you.
It's a great picture--two best friends. It doesn't get any better than that. I hope I can count you both among my friends, too!!
You better believe it, Teri. <3
Post a Comment