Wednesday, October 6, 2010

down right tired...

I am really tired today. Spent. Trying desperately to think of a reason I need to leave the house alone for a few minutes tonight. Don't you worry...I'm not sad, just tired. This little Margaret is wearing me out. She's gone from a happy, smiley little baby girl to a beast this week. I think there must be some teeth involved. There just HAVE to be. She doesn't have any yet, so that could definitely be why my sweet babe has disappeared and been replaced with this whiney, grouchy girl. She cries or screams all day long. She really does. Except for when she is in the car. She does OK there...but not when I'm strapping her in. Back arched, muscles tensed, yelling.

She has also decided that she is done with our chair/gate at the top of the stairs. It has worked for months. Not anymore. She pulls it away, then stands an inch from the edge of the stairs 2 seconds away from tumbling down. It scares me half to death. SO...today I figured we could conquer the things. I would move the chair and sit there till she got it. I'm done sitting there. She doesn't want to go up, or down. She just wants the freedom to choose. She sits on our landing throwing all the shoes from the shoe box on the ground, spinning around in circles...once again inches from the edge. I don't remember how I did this with my other 4. Do I just let her fall? She could break her neck. Oh shoot...there she is screaming at me from her crib in the next room. Gotta go. :(

9 comments:

Lisa said...

She is so darn cute. I suppose it's a good thing when she is being such a stinker. Gavin is in his "don't leave me mommy" stage. He is teary if he can't see Valerie. He is growing so quickly. Love you.

tomwendi said...

Cute girl. Ear infection? Is she sick? Good luck with the stair training. I hate that age.

Ryan + Jess said...

That is how I've been feeling lately...just tired. Sometimes mom's just need some time away, even if it is just for a few minutes.

Margaret sure is beautiful! I love those pictures of her making silly faces. So cute!

Kris Tina said...

Does it sound heartless to just let her fall? Don't answer that.

jamie said...

Ugh!! I remember those days all too well.

Anonymous said...

I think we let Gavin fall down a stair or two, I would be scared of a whole case (we don't have one). Good luck!

Sharene said...

Oh Amy I totally feel for you. We have been sick and so Brooklyn pretty much screams all day except if we are holding her, which I cannot do all day. It is completely exhausting!

O family said...

Ugh- it can be brutal at times huh? :) Like Aunt Lisa said, good thing they are cute! Quinn is in this talking back phase. Well, it is more like disagreeing with us on everything. I don't know if it is because she is older and becoming more independent or if it is that she is being corrupted by other kids at her school- either way, it has been rough here for a week or two.

Rachel said...

She wants her agency, that poor girl. It's frustrating isn't it...when they don't see consequences like we do? I have no advice other than this stage, like many others, will pass. :) I hope she's getting a MOUTHFUL of teeth for you. :)