Saturday, February 7, 2009

hurry...hurry...sign your name!

My cute friend Kari had the funnest idea on her blog. She is giving away 5 homemade treasures to the first commenters. Just when life is starting to get a bit dull, and we've all got cabin fever...PERFECT. I was a winner, and now I have to pass on the good fortune. SO...the first 5 people to leave a comment, telling me their favorite Valentine's Day tradition WIN! Then I get to decide what to give you. Something homemade by me, something fantastic, maybe you can eat it, maybe you can't. You'll just have to wait and see. :) Continue this on you own blog if you want. This could get pretty darn fun!

10 comments:

O family said...

Oh oh... pick me!!! Lets see here. I love just spending time with Dan on Valentines Day. Last year I think that we just put Quinn to bed early and picked up a pizza. We sat around the house and actually had a great "date" night. I know, not too romantic but I thought it was perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...we really don't have a Valentines Day tradition. It's a busy time of the year because all of our birthdays are between Christmas and Valentines. I just made V-day cards with my daughter and I'd like that to become a tradition. We had fun and we have some cute cards to show for it.

-FringeGirl

mj said...

When you were kids,just getting all the valentines signed,addressed,and chosen was a many day activity....so, I guess that is our tradition.

Vanessa said...

I don't think I count, living in Europe, so the sixth person will be the fifth, but I did want to share my tradition! Restaurants in England are sooo expensive on Valentine's Day, so we exchange cards etc on the day, and then have an amazing meal within a few days of V-day. So it stretches out into a two-day affair, and we get amazing food for the money we would have spent had we eaten out on the day itself. I guess it's not romantic but I love it!
Another thing is that I love to send signed Valentine's day cards to single girlfriends with treats inside :).
Hope you have a lovely Valentine's day!

Christy said...

Every year Heant and I say that we won't do valentines. And we mean it,then all day long on the 14 I am waiting for the "suprise" valentine that doesn't come then I come home pissed off and yell at him for not doing anything. Fun tradition huh! I guess I really want a valentine even if I say I don't.

MommyMert said...

I am going to post my fav Valentine tradtition because... well.. I LOVE Valentines!! :) And because I love you and I am trying to come up with something great for you...

I like to make pink heart pancakes and pink milk for breakfast, dress up in red and pink, and make sure to make pink sugar cookies with conversation hearts. Ah... And than make something extra super special for the love of my life. :) Now... I wanna hear your Vday traditions. hehe.. xo

brittany said...

can you change it to the first 7? PLEAAAAASE. I love all your homemade things.

Rachel said...

Poopy...oh well, I have so many wonderful "treats" from you - some you can eat and some adorning my walls.
No valentine tradition here...I probably relate the most to Christy on this one. :)

April Kennedy said...

oh bummer...I missed it.

Kara said...

Too late. Oh well. My newest favorite tradition on Valentine's Day (also our anniversary) is to give my sweetheart a very special valentine. In a frame. I've gotten a couple from eBay and this year I'm ordering it at the mall, hoping it still seems somewhat original even though I bought it AT THE MALL. Come over and I'll show you our growing collection. I'm also collecting vintage valentines for display.

I get my kids a special valentine card and treat every year, too, as if they need more candy after the school parties. I guess we celebrate big around here since it's an extra-big day.