

I felt like something old today. Memories. I'm wondering if I should do this kind of post once a week. They make me so happy. I get that they may not do as much for you as they do for me, but if this is my journal...I need to share what I can remember.These pictures make me happy for so many reasons. First of all, I think we did some sort of performance every night for my dear parents. I can remember concerts, with my mom at the piano. Miss Breck commercials. Circuses. Plays. Strawberry Shortcake re-enactments. Olympics with our mini-smurfs. My parents watched them all. I don't remember EVER feeling like we were inconveniencing them either. We thought they WANTED to see our shows. They would smile, clap, cheer. I think that may be why I am who I am as an adult. They loved me...immensely...and I never had any doubt about it. As a mom of several littles now, I realize how much joy your kids joy brings to you. You can become addicted to it.
I thought my mom was so amazing on the piano. She is quite good, but I don't know if amazing is the adjective I would use now. I don't think she would either. But that's what I thought. I can remember being in bed in the morning and hearing her play downstairs. Or working on homework and hearing her play in the other room. There is something about knowing your mom is there and she loves you. When she would play, I felt like she was telling me that. I felt calm and happy and safe. That means a lot to a little person.
I love that my dad documented EVERYTHING with his camera. I need to do that more. Take out the camera when I want to form a memory, no matter what they are wearing or what their hair looks like.
I love Grampy (my mom's dad) enjoying our performance. He looks like he has 5 or 6 empty bottles of pills dropped beside his chair. :)
I loved growing up with sisters. We had friends around...all the time, except when we were pulling hair, throwing irons, or chasing eachother all over the house. I feel lucky to have had them and to have them in my life now. They are the coolest girls in the world. I love that my kids have eachother. All these little girls will have pals, and a kind older brother. A protector. I feel pretty lucky today.



6 comments:
My sis-in-law does "Flashback Fridays." Every Friday is dedicated to older memories and pictures. Check it out, and feel free to do it yourself! It's Kathy, under my family list. I'd love checking out your childhood memories! :)
I thought that house looked familiar! I love the memories...but probably because I love the family!
On a different subject...it sounds like I should be updating Butterflies more than once a day?! Thanks for being cool with my little spotlight of you!
Ohhhhh such wonderful memories...we had such a namazing upbringing. And we owe it mostly to mom and dad. I ditto everything you said. Thanks for posting these.
I love reading your memories.
Your shows were wonderful...we DID love to see them.However your musical memory is sorely mistaken. I was,am, always will be a lousey piano player.Glad you liked it when you were young.
Priceless. I love the Temples! We just watched a home video over Christmas of you, laura, and Tracy singing a Janice Kapp Perry song with AMJ playing the paino. Oh how precious - and the bangs--so great! The camera caught a glimpse of me and Rachel running around in another room I think and then slowly zoomed in on a little guy in the background holding a sax--it was Matt--he wanted to be a part of it. I died, it was priceless. I'll see if I can get it transferred to digital.
Post a Comment