Tuesday, February 17, 2009

our good fortune?

Yesterday, after I got home from running a few errands, we heard a horrible sound coming from the garage. Our spring and cables to our door had broken. A few things I am grateful for though...the car was safely in the garage, no kids were anywhere NEAR the door when it happened.

Our life seems to work this way. Things are going well, money wise, then BOOM. Our tax return was much larger than expected, as was Dave's bonus. We bought our Disneyland tickets, and booked our hotel, and were still feeling pretty good about our finances. I used to get angry when something would happen to our car or our house right after we got some dough. I would ask myself why it was happening NOW. Just when we got all this money. I've changed my tune a bit lately. The door broke NOW, RIGHT when we got all this money. We have money. We can fix it. I know that the Lord blesses us if we pay our tithing. He does. That's all there is to it. If this door had broken 2 months ago, I would have been crazy stressed. But it happened now, and we were able to fix it.

Molly was willing to pose for me by the door...for roughly 45 seconds. The last picture is just because I thought she was cute today. Sassy, but cute.



8 comments:

Rachel said...

I do the same thing, Amy. I forget to think of it as the Lord blessing us with the things we need beforehand, so we can deal with the stresses when they come...a tender mercy. I'm so glad it worked out...and so excited you get to enjoy Disneyland with your family.

Jessica said...

our springs on our garage door just broke the other day too! What a pain! Have fun in disneyland!

April Kennedy said...

I want a big tax refund this year! Unfortunately we are going to probably owe...self-employed, business did OK...but not as good as the IRS thinks! They get us, small businesses, coming and going.

Enjoy the blessings. Heavenly Father is so good to us. And I'm so glad your car wasn't damaged!

Tami Anderson said...

She is a sassy one! When will she be 6????

I love her already.

O family said...

Amy,
it is so true that things happen when you have money. I also used to get mad about it. Now, I am thankful that it always seems to come in amounts that we can cover. Love you and SO glad that no one got hurt and your car is ok. Also, cograts on going to Disney! Have FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Sorry about your door.

-FringeGirl

Vanessa said...

How wise you are to see things with such perspective. I have so much to learn... thank you as always for sharing.

mj said...

I've missed seeing your blog. Thelma is doing really well..glad I could go up there. I'm so thankful nothing was damaged with the door,I've heard of kids getting hurt very badly, and you are right....Heavenly Father truely blesses us.