HELP. Molly has wet the bed the last 4 nights! 3 weeks with no nighttime accidents and now THIS. I really did not want to put her in pull-ups or diapers at night, but I'm not sure what to do. She is sleeping right through it, then waking up crying a bit later. Advice for me? Possibly something other than nighttime diapers? We've tried waking her up before we go so bed. Maybe we need to stop liquids just after dinner. Aaagh.
7 sleep interruptions last night. Can't I just get a good nights rest before this baby comes and turns our whole world upside down? Between Molly's accident, 5 trips to the bathroom, and her getting up at 6am, I am tired...and grouchy...and it's only 8 in the morning. Man, It's gonna be a doosy.
American Idol! This voting, groups of 12 thing is new to me. Was this how it was the first season? I have to admit, it's kindof giving me a panic attack. 12 singers, and only 3 go on to the top 12? That seems CRAZY! 9 will be eliminated. Heaven forbid my Danny Gokey and Matt Giraud don't get enough votes. Here are my issues. We are having to decide by ONE performance if we want them in the top or not. ONE. Too many eliminations. There are a LOT of personal favorites in that 1st group. What am I going to do? I think people may slip through if they have a huge support network, leaving us with a less than stellar top 12. Is there a wild card for each group? Who decides who comes back...us or the judges? I am all worked up. I really am.
I hope today brightens a bit. Mmm...peanut m&m's should do the trick.
*UDATE* OK...so MOLLY did the trick. She makes me laugh. We just got home and she wanted to play a game. One that she made up. You may want to try this with your own family. Put some jammies or a fairy princess dress of some sort over your head. Blindly walk into the living room, then drop your paperclips onto the floor. That's it! She kept saying, "Mom, watch. This is going to be HEE-larious!" I can't stop giggling right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
oh Amy. I am sorry that miss Molly is having accidents. Trust me, I know about kids wakig themselves up at night by going potty. Quinn is still in diapers and we aren't allowed to try potty training until her Urologist gives us the ok. But every night, let me say that again, EVERY NIGHT she explodes. I have been washing wet sheets for months. We have special big diapers for night time and I even change her right when I go to bed. (a few hours after she goes to sleep) Good luck with your search!
I forgot to tell you what I have done with Q. I have multiple bed sheets on her bed with plastic in between them. So, in the middle of the night, I can take off the messy one and low and behold, a clean set of sheets. It makes it so I can clean her up and have one less step. good luck!
That is SUCH a great idea!
Smart Mama,Michele. It really is odd that Molly is wetting the bed now. I wonder if she has some sort of infection or something. What is it about interrupted sleep? There is nothing worse !!!
That is so cute that game crack me up! I love that you already have favorites on American Idol I want to watch it with you and joice one of these days.. I think they are doig it weird to I don't like it. I have no advice on bed wetting Savannah has the daytime thing down I don't want to think about Nighttime potty stuff.. Good luck I have heard the no drinks after dinner thing works though??
I don't have any bed wetting advice as Stella is in a pull up because I don't want to deal with getting up, but the AI thing, when did they explain they are doing it like that? I missed that part and now I'm freaking out too. We need to chat!
Oh, the joys of bed wetting. If you ask your husband, a lot of his siblings wet the bed as little kids (I think some still do...David..hee hee). I do know (with my own kids) that they seem to all of a sudden wet the bed when they get sick. For Samuel it was when his tonsils were huge (which was all the time until we finally took them out at 3 1/2). I also know that no sippy cups, water bottles or juice boxes helps them not to over drink. Good luck.
Amy - I am really confused with this whole AI thing too. I just think I'm going to be sad voting off people in the first group. I think I have become attached to some of the people in this season way earlier than other seasons. I love the welder from Oklahoma and the oil rigger from TX. I also like Goeke but was super surprised when his friend got the boot. But do you know who I really really like??? Anoop, the Indian guy, his voice is soooo good. Goeke worries me because he's so raspy. Will he be versatile? Only time will tell but I am so hooked!!!!
Awwww, cute Molly! I asked my dr mother about this and she said that something that doctors recommend is running some water from the tap when the child is in the bathroom before he/she goes to sleep, as it encourages them to empty before they go to sleep.
That paperclip story is hilarious!
I wonder if you could get some of those hospital pads and put under her sheets so she could stay in her underwear. Brady went through about a 2 week stage where he just started pooping his pants a couple times a day. I stayed calm, even though i wanted to and now he is back to being a potty training champ. Change those little ones scense change. Let me know if I can do anything..
I love the paper clips. It wasn't a whole box,was it?
My sister told me about these pads that are washable that she bought at walmart. She put them under the sheets, but I think i'll be putting them on top. I keep meaning to buy them, but I always forget.
I'm eating m&m's while I'm reading...
Sorry you didn't get any sleep last night! I'd definitely stop liquids after dinner. You can always take her potty right before you go to bed. This would disrupt her sleep a little, but it may work.
-FringeGirl
Willow has been a bed wetter for a long time and my pediatrician said to do all of it. First tell the child that we really want to stay dry (not yell or threaten). Then limit fluids after dinner. Then take them to go potty right before their bed time. Then (wait for it, wait for it...)wake them, or just get them up if they sleep through it)at the SAME TIME every night before your bedtime to go potty. If you do it at the same time, hopefully, it creates a habit and they will wake themselves to go potty. It has worked for Willow but it's work, but less than washing all the bedding everyday!
stopping liquids early is really key...but what do I know...my six year old is still in diapers :)
Post a Comment