Monday, March 24, 2008

our easter...

We had such a great weekend! I was so worried it would be lonely without Annie and Rachel here, but we managed to fill it up. Our dear friend Brooke had a (huge...in my book) easter egg hunt on Saturday. She had prepared 20+ eggs for each kid, and even wrote their names on them. The kids had a blast! I am so grateful for people like Brooke in my life. She is kind, and giving, and I love her. Not sure why Alex had the basket on his head. Whatever floats your boat, bud.

After church on Sunday (it was GORGEOUS weather by the way)...I felt like a photo shoot. A serious one. I take lots of pictures for people up at BYU, and felt it was the Schofields turn. The kids were still dressed, Easter dinner wasn't for hours, and we just took our time. This is big for me, since I generally am close to self-destruction trying to photograph my own little family. This was actually enjoyable. Really, it was. My breathing was regular, no sweating, just pictures. I think they turned out pretty great too. I love these kids. I have to say though...they are posers. I know...don't complain right? I made them that way. But, I wanted some natural, candid stuff. It was hard...we'll have to work on it.

Here's our Molly girl, wearing one of our favorite Elsie dresses. I am in love with her hair.

My sweet, handsome boy, just before he slid around in the dust and dirt.

Mmmm...the sweet twins. They are just too much. Look at those smiles. It has taken years of practice!

We took a few family pictures with the tripod. This is definitely not the best in the bunch, but it shows each individual personality so on the nose. Emily...perfectly posed, Alex...maniac, Molly...giggling with her Daddy, Lizzy...a smiley little yummy thing.

For dinner, we had quite a housefull. Linsky came over with her roomate Amy and "friend" Bryce. We adore that guy. He was a natural. I think the Temple family can be quite intimidating, but Bryce wasn't having any of that. He was friendly, funny, the kids loved him!

Lastly, our dear sweet Grandma Bird came to visit with us. This is Dave's maternal grandmother. I have a hard time explaining just how much I love this woman. She is absolutely lovely. She is kind, and gentle, and giving. I don't have any living grandparents, but I feel as though Venice is my grandmother. She is so good to me. I love her so much.
Our day was just beautiful...as it should have been. Great meetings in church, great company, great food. Wouldn't have changed a thing!






7 comments:

laurag said...

AMy, these are wonderful pictures. I'm so glad you were able to truly enjoy your easter. It can get kinda hard getting so home sick and all. Your family is so wonderful. I love each of your children so much. They've each got their own incredible personality and I love it. The family photos are great. You loo like you're shrinking...The picture of Gma venice is amazing. Miss you.

tangled and true said...

augh, why are you so perfect? it is hard keeping up with such an amazing friend. your kids are adorable, of course, you look amazing by the way! you are the incredible shrinking woman, share your secrets!! i'm so glad you had a great easter, maybe next year you can be at our easter egg hunt!!!

O family said...

Amy, I love your family photos. Post more. I wish I could know your kids better. Soon I will have the chance huh?!?1 We will actually be in the same "kid" house. I am super excited for Quinn to play with Molly. They should be bestest of friends. love you and am glad that you all had a great day!

Michelle said...

Oh, Amy. I am envious of your photography skills and appreciate that you have that great talent for all of us to see (and take advantage of) from time to time. Your kids are perfect, and you capture them and their personalities like no other. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family picture.

And yes, the weather is lovely!

MommyMert said...

What a beautiful family photo! I LOVE IT!!

Jessica said...

Your family is so cute and so grown up since the last time I saw them! You take wonderful pictures by the way, just in case you didn't know!

Kristin said...

So glad you had a wonderful Easter weekend. And that you were able to get some family pics. Beautiful pictures. I love your kids.