Friday, March 21, 2008
jump!
The twins are completely obsessed with jump-roping lately. I don't know what it is. Maybe they saw someone do it on TV or something. Emily picked it up instantly. She seems to be a natural born athlete. She can sprint down the street, while jumping. If you've been anywhere NEAR my house in the last few days, I'm sure you've seen. Lizzy WANTS to be as good as Emily. She practices SO hard. She asks in her evening prayers to become a better jump-roper. Seriously. Is there anything cuter?
They roll them up and take them to school, practice at recess, then jump-rope home. I can totally relate. I was pretty hard core at Fairview elementary. If you couldn't jump...forget about your social life.
I can distinctly remember going school shopping with my mom at Boscovs in the Dover mall. We were only allowed to wear pants to school once/wk. WHAT?! That's tough for a jump-roper. I would try on different outfits in the dressing room...then...I would jump in place so that I could see how the outfit would flow at recess. If it didn't move quite right, or I didn't look hip enough, it was eliminated. Simple as that.
It is so fun for me to see my kids so THRILLED about something. I'm sure this will pass, and we'll move on to sports, dance, boys. But until then...keep on jumping!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Yea!! Jump rope!! I loved it too! I wonder how long it would take me to jump until I fell over from exhaustion now? :)
I couldn't jump right now . . .nursing mom, jumprope . . .not a good combo.
But . . .the memories are great!! I loved it too. On the playground, at home on the porch--the click, click, click of the plastic hitting the pavement--
I love seeing your girls jumping. It is darling.
So Amy, I just went through your older posts as I am nursing again. For one, your voice so comes out in your writing. i can hear you saying the things you write. The birthday posts were darling--I almost cried at the post about Alex and the pinewood derby and then the magic show. As imperfect as we are here on the earth, the overwhelming empathy we feel for our children is amazing--how does our Father feel as He is watching us? Also, the horse picture Alex did for Lizzie is amazing.
OK. I think that is all. :-) For now.
Jump-roping and roller skating were it for me. I don't want to be a kid again, but I miss the excitement of "little things."
Amy, you are such a dork! I never knew you had such a driven jump rope fashion sense way back when. Lizzy couldn't be any cuter, praying to be better at it, man she's a doll. It's exciting to see your children find something they absolutely love.
oh that is the cutest story ever. your kids are seriously to die for. I can just picture them jumping rope and it brings a smile to my face. Not to mention you jumping up and down in the dressing rooms. hilarious!
Sends me back to elementary school, myself. Have they learned team jumproping with the person in the middle? I bet they would think that was pretty swell. You may need to get them one of those big ones. I think I can remember some of the rhymes. And let them pray over everything - it's a great thing to learn early!
The pictures are wonderful,but the commentary is priceless.It brings back such great memories.Thanks.
Lizzie is just so cute. I love the thought of her wanting to be good at jumping rope so bad. Cute Cute Cute!
Post a Comment