
My dear friend Joice lost her mother yesterday. I thought I would write a little about this friend of mine as I think about her and hope that she is OK. Love you too Jerry, but this is all about your wife. I love Joice and she loves me. I know she does because of how she treats me, things she does for me. Joice is a shopaholic. I'm going to come right out and say it. The woman loves to shop. She knows where the deals are, who has sales what day. The thing that's cool though, is that she's generally shopping for other people. We have been friends for years, and she hasn't forgotten a birthday (including my husband and 4 kids), an anniversary. She treats us with special things on holidays, and sometimes just because. It's those "just because" gifts that mean so much to me. They are unexpected. When I ask why, her response is usually...because I like you. Joice compliments you alot. If she thinks you look pretty, she tells you. If she loves your haircut, she tells you. Wouldn't this world be wonderful if we all tried to share loving compliments more often? Joice loves her family. She is so proud of her 5 children. They make her happy. Her grandbabies are her treasures. She smiles whenever they are brought up. Joice is passionate. I love passionate people...probably because I AM one. When she loves something, you know it. She doesn't care what people think, she just keeps on loving. She is passionate about Fideo Fridays at Cafe Rio. Don't know if she ever misses one. She is passionate about reality TV. Me too. One of my fondest memories of Joice is going to the Idol concert last year (she treated me...was there any question?). She was about to pop she was so excited. I couldn't stop watching her when Blake Lewis came out on stage. She was rocking out. I was giggling, smiling, so happy...seeing my friend so happy. I am so glad she is in my life. I love you Joice.



4 comments:
What a nice tribute! Yes, we should compliment each other more often. What a wonderful world it would be!
oh how i love joice jolley and oh how the tears are streaming down my face. she really is amazing and wonderful and i am so glad that the two or you are such amazing friends to me!
dear amy; i finally found your blog. what a wonderful compliment youn gave me. you are one of the most special people i know. you have so many wonderful talents and good thongs about yourself. i loved the concert with you. it was fun. you mad me feel young again. thanks for taking me to lunch and that beautiful plant yu gave me. it was very thoughtful of you.i do miss my mom so very much. i hope i can be as good as her someday.i love your family. i always thought of them as my own. thanks for being you. love joice
That is a beautiful tribute to joice. I love her and thanks for loving her she really is great. And that tribute is my mom to a T
Post a Comment