My little boy is nine years old. Am I seriously old enough to have a 9 year old? Oh yeah, I am. I can remember so vividly the day Alex was born. In all my Christmases and birthdays combined, I cannot remember ever feeling that much anticipation. That much excitement. I knew before, but even more after, that I was born to be a mom. Sure, I had my moments where I thought I wanted to be a doctor (kindof runs in the family), a professional athlete, an artist...but underneath it all, motherhood. I realize that sounds a little lame, but it's the truth. I always loved babysitting my nieces and nephews, being around babies. I couldn't wait for the day when the babies would be mine. After Alex was born and they whisked him off to the nursery, I lay there longing. Longing for them to bring him back to me. I couldn't sleep, I heard every sound in the hall, hoping it might be MY nurse with MY baby. If you're wondering...NO, every day since has not been bliss. I get angry, anxious, sad, exhausted...it's the price you pay. I love this little boy. He makes me smile. He is a goofy, happy, smart, nice boy. And he actually belongs to me. I can't believe it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
It's the knowing that you were born to be a mom that gets you through the times when you think, "Wasn't it nice to be kidless?" I share your sentiments, and he is a great little boy. May mine be half as great!
Oh, Amy, I LOVE this picture! I feel like you...I was always really into the public relations stuff at school and I think I was good at it, too. I had professors try and steer me in certain directions but, deep down, I really wasn't interested in pursuing that after graduation. I knew I wanted to be a mom...granted, I want fewer kids now than I did before and it wasn't as "dreamy" as I thought it would be. Nonetheless, I love it more than any "career" I could have had!
We love this little man so much. He is kind and the most loving little boy ever. There's nothing quiote like hearing his adorable laugh either. Love you Alex!
happy birthday alex! i still remember taking him to chuck e cheese and showing him harry potters castle. he was so little and so adorable and now he is so grown up and so handsome! i remember how much he loved lily and how gentle and cute he was with her.he is a great kid and you and dave are the best parents. you are raising such amazing children and you absolutely were born to be a mother!!!
ps, i love that picture. the red fence is great. where is it?
Wow, Alex is 9. That kind of crazy. Where hasthe time gone?? You are a great Mom and you have great kids to prove it Amy!
Britt...he still talks about the castle/Harry Potter house. That was BRILLIANT on your part! The fence is on center street, out by the lake. It was crummy weather and I had to get to a meeting, so we took what we could get!
I absolutely love what you saod. That is just the way I felt when each of you was born.The greatest days of my life.Can't immagine that you don't feel that way every day.LOL
mom, is that you?? Where's your blog? HAHA
I loved looking through all of your pictures. You truly are amazing.
Alex is great! So glad he is Jonathan's best friend.
I loved your sentiments about motherhood. Interesting how we kind of all have similar feelings--and then, here we are. And through it all I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Post a Comment