My little sisters, the twins, had their 33rd birthday yesterday! My day was filled with a screaming baby, babysitting, running to and fro. I can finally sit down and do a little post about them. Rachel and Laura...born just minutes apart. Rachel is the dark headed one, Laura is the blond. They are so different. Tall, short. Dark, blond. Different interests. Different passions. But definitely connected. Since I now have twins of my own, I can see just HOW connected. They are the coolest girls. Seriously. Really cool and really fun.
Rachel is a wonderful mom. The kind that doesn't let opportunities for her daughter pass her by. Petting zoo? Check. Crafts at Roberts? Check. Trick or Treating at the mall? Check. She loves Annie immensely. I can guarantee Annie has never had to question that. Rachel loves her and is tender with her.
She's funny. She'll be the first to laugh at herself. You know what though? She doesn't laugh at other people, or talk about them. I think that's such a great quality. She is giving and thoughtful, and I love her.
Laura is a riot. When she's in the right mood, you can't get her to stop. She's crazy and hilarious. Like, wet your pants hilarious. She's nice too. She inherited my Mom's ability to make people feel at ease around her. To make people feel important. She's naive in some ways, and really, really smart in others. She has a degree in social work, which I think really benefits her family and other relationships. She worked with an agency (social services-ish) until she started having kids.
She is a wonderful mom. I know she questions her abilites...all the time, but let it be known, she is capable and loving and perfect at it. Her kids are beautiful, and turning out just as funny as she is. She has a magnetic personality. I am happier when I'm around her. People are drawn to her and her genuine warmth. They really are.



11 comments:
Well said, Amy. They are amazing women, both of them. They have such a connection that it makes me wish that I was a twin. I love and like them both so much.
That was a beautiful post Amy. Love the pictures of them when they are little. SO cute.
--kristin
sweet, beautiful sisters! I love them too.
So beautiful! I love twins. They seem to surround me. My favorite thing is having twins in my first grade class!! OH, how I miss your girls.
That really is true.. I love them both so much!
What a wonderful family you have! This was a very sweet post.
-FringeGirl
All I can think about is when do I get to see them again? I love these two girls! I should hop over to Hershey! Happy Birthday Rachel and Laura!
thanks amy - I just read this and have to say, there's almost nothing better than hearing how much you are loved and why. Thank you for always doing these on our bdays and going out of your way to make us feel special. We love you!
Amy, that post was so sweet. Thank you for saying such kind things about us. I think I am probably glowing right now. I love you.
Rachel
Honestly, Amy, your old Aunt is behind with ALL birthdays, ALL weddings, ALL new babies, but not all appreciation for you and what you do on this blog! It is fantastic. Thank you for your sincere love and compassion for your fam and life in general. Your sisters are great people. xoxoxo Aunt Jane. p.s. DO NOT check my blog. There is nothing on it but one thing 2 1/1 years ago.
Amy - you are so sweet to pay tribute to everyone in your family. They will never forget being treated so kindly and with such affection.
Post a Comment