Mommy: Molly, what does Mommy have in her tummy?
Molly: (focusing, thinking) Applesauce.
Mommy: Yeah, applesauce. What else?
Molly: blank stare
Mommy: Mommy has a BABY in her tummy!
Molly: still blank with a touch of fear and confusion...I could read her face...and it said...you ATE a baby?
She's slowly understanding...I think. She was really quite confused. She is so very cute. You know what is so sad though? She is making me a little nauseated...her smell, her paci. I'm sure it will pass. It makes me sad. :(
One more funny...this morning she and Emily were wearing their little mini Home Depot aprons playing "snack bar". Molly would take huge handfulls of marshmallows and ask for help putting them in her "apricot". HA!



12 comments:
Congratulations! Molly is so cute. I can just imagine her face thinking about you eating a baby. How exciting, 5 kids!!
Love that story.
And I don't mind the pictures with every post-that's half the fun with your blog, Amy. Cause even your every day pictures are still special.
So I've been out of town and am catching up on my blogs. . .CONGRATS! So exciting. You give me something to aspire to!
It's funny what smells make you sick when you're pregnant, huh? Scott's breath make me want to gag for like 3 months. It really hurt his feelings too, poor guy! It's a good thing it goes away! :)
I think it's great you post a pic with every post. They're fun to look at. And the silver lining to feeling sick with pacifier smells is it will help you help her get rid of it quicker. I can't wait for you to start showing then your kids will be really thrilled bc it will be much more real to them. I'm going to miss seeing mOlly as the baby, but she's going to be such a good older sister. Still feel weird saying that. Random - but how was super saturday? Also, mom should be arriving right about now, oddly I'm still sooo jealous even though she just left our house this morning. I hope you guys have the best time and that you don't feel sick.
I'm sorry you are feeling sick! Hopefully it won't last too much longer! Molly is a doll. We love her, Greg wants to keep her!!
Still can't believe it! I'm SO EXCITED...I need to get details later. Due date?
oh..oh..oh...give your mother a big fat hug and kiss for me please. just read laura's post and it sounds like she is coming to you next!
i too love the pictures...hate feeling sick while pregnant (which is why we don't have baby #3) and I love "apricot"!
Amy, I am glad that the kids are excited for you. I am sorry that you are feeling a little sick. but like Laura said, it will help you get rid of the paci. When I was pregnant, I hated the smell of Dan's face and hair. It was so weird and it made him feel horrible!
Just playing catch up myself and wanted to say CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you!! Hope you doing well and not too sick!
Love the innocence of children as they try to figure out the world. Thanks for always sharing those moments with us and reminding us.
Congratulations!!! How exciting for your family.
Post a Comment