
Molly and I just watched Nanny McPhee. I'm trying to sit with her and cuddle before her naps. I want her to know how much I love to be with her. It seems to slow down my day which is exactly what I need. I've seen this movie at least a dozen times. I still cried. If you haven't seen it...you've got to. It is such a beautiful story. I love beautiful stories. I love when movies come together in the end, wrapped up in a pretty little bow. Don't get me wrong, I can handle drama, "real" stories that don't end magically...they just don't make me feel as good. I like to cry. Some day, I am going to make a DVD of all the perfect endings to my favorite movies. The parts where the music swells, you can hardly breathe. You know the ones...August Rush, Ever After, Sense and Sensibility, Dan in Real Life, In America (another MUST see), Notting Hill, About A Boy (yup...a huge Hugh Grant fan), I could go on forever. Wouldn't that be a treasure? Flannel PJ's, hot chocolate, a warm blanket, and happily ever after.



11 comments:
I will buy that DVD from you! You listed many movies I like...and I, too, am a Hugh Grant fan.
Amy, the other night my favorite movie "The Notebook" was on tv. I own it and have seen it a billion times but I made Dan watch the last half hour with me. Man alive, I cried like the first time. I LOVE TO CRY WITH MOVIES!
Guess what,I love to cry too. I'll bet you didn't know that.
I would LOVE a dvd like that. Sounds divine. I like things wrapped up in a bow too.
PS-I have not seen nanny mcphee, but it is on our queue list at netflix so it is coming. i am now even more eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
my kids have watched it a dozen times in our car...I have yet to see it...actually I have yet to see most listed in your 'good endings' which I also love. sounds like i need a movie weekend!
I'll take one of those DVDs too! I lay down with Grace before her naps too (well, and bedtime as well). I really don't mind most of the time, but I'm thinking I might need to break her of that habit sometime soon!
What a great idea! You had me at flannel PJs, Hot Chocolate and really great movies. By the way, I haven't seen Nannie McPhee, do you own it? Can I borrow it?
I liked Nanny McPhee too. I really like Emma Thompson in anything. Dan in Real Life was fantastic. I think I'll tell my parents to see that one.
I loved In America and Notting Hill is Sverre's favorite show. Such cute kiddos you have~ Erin
In America is one of my favorites. but i have yet to see nanny mcphee. netflix, ahoy!
Post a Comment