
First stop...Bend, OR. Our dear friends, the
Birnel's have lived there for a year now, and for a year and a day, we have wanted to visit. Brittany is the most amazing hostess. We were tired from the 11 hour drive, but when we walked in, I could already smell dinner. We had so much fun catching up. I haven't seen Ryan in years. They really are some of my favorite people. The kids got along smashingly! Ryan pulled out his photography lights, and we went nuts. I don't remember who took these 3 pictures, but aren't they the sweetest girls? Ryan is so talented...I was so happy to have a mini-tutoring session with him. :) Thanks Ryan!



Emily, Brittany and I. Gorgeous house, gorgeous kids. Just LOVED our visit.

Our next stop was Tacoma to see Laura and her family. I can't tell you how much I love going there. It is rejuvinating for me. I love their family, I love the area, I love it all. Charlotte and Emily. I know...she may be the most gorgeous baby ever.

On Friday, my cousin Matt and his family drove to Tacoma from Moses Lake. He is a dentist there. I am so proud of him. I don't know if there are even words to describe how much I love Matt. And Sarah is just as great. I am SO glad they made the drive. Now the Malones and the Gehrings plan to hang out...and I must say...I'm a speckle jealous.


The Matt Malone family. LOVE them.

The Schofield's...taken by the gorgeous and wonderful Sarah. :)


I can't get enough of this guy. I really can't. You meet him, you love him...it's as simple as that.

Aren't they great? I'm glad we are related and have forever to strengthen these relationships.

The Vashon ferry. Quickly becoming a tradition.

Molly and Elsie were the cutest. They were a bit overwhelmed at the beach with all the cousins and noise, but here...they had eachother, and that was all they needed. :)
9 comments:
It looks like you had an amazing time. And can I just tell you how "home sick" I felt seeing the picture of Laura. I still haven't heard from her...or emailed her myself. I need to! Her family is gorgeous.
Also, I have been on the Vashon ferry a few times. My cousins lived on Vashon Island and I cared for their children a few times while they went to Africa. I headed more for Seattle, but did visit the Tacoma mall once, of course!
I loved all the pictures...you got some amazing ones of the girls. I missed your posts while you were gone...crazy huh...since we just kind of 'hooked up'! I do completely enjoy your blog. Very real, touching and funny!
oh amy, i just love you! i'm so glad you guys came, and i'm so glad your whole trip was a success. i love all the pictures you guys took in seattle, they look amazing and the weather looks perfect. you are so lucky to have such a wonderful family!!
looks like such a fun trip! we missed ya!
what a fun trip! I love all of the pictures too, wow!
Good memories! I saved those pictures of our family off your blog. Thanks for taking them! You guys are the greatest!
Wow, these pictures are gorgeous!!! It looks like you guys had a GREAT time. I must add that I really wish I came, although I've been in the Library ever since you left because school is so insane. I definitely have to get out there soon. Can't wait to hear more. Love you.
What beautiful pictures--all of them--of an absolute wonderful getaway. So glad you all got to do that, together, in your NEW van!!! Did you love the movie thing? Missed you and so happy you are home though too. :-)
Amy,
it looks like you had an awesome time packed full of wonderful people! Nothing is better than that! What did Laura cook? Is she becoming a "Domestic Diva"? What is the world coming to? :) hehe. jk, love you Laura. Did you get pictures of her new house? I have yet to see ANY!
Okay... now I am sitting here feeling a slight bit envious that you were there. It makes me miss my sister that much more. I love that G. family. Babies are delicious. Except Elsie is not such a baby anymore. You are wonderful Amy, and I was realizing as I typed this message that you are a person that when you make a friend its for life. I hope you and I can be like that. I admire the way you look at life through the eye of a lense. Always sensing the beauty in it. I think you are a great Mom. Although like the rest of us, you doubt it, and you doubt your abilities and your value. I learn from you lots and your generosity. Anyhoo... just loving ya right now. xo
Post a Comment