Thursday, May 6, 2010

wednesday...

Yesterday was a good day, despite being petty hectic. Life for a mother of many is REALLY hectic this last month of school. So hectic, that Dave can only find ONE night that will work for his scout committee meeting. And I don't even have my kids in that many extra-curricular activities. It's just May. Jam packed May. Tuesday night, the kids choir performed at Abravanel Hall in SLC. It's a great opportunity for them...and a really expensive one for us. $9 each...even for Molly. It's important to the kids though, so it's important to me. That is the life of a parent. Loving things simply because THEY do.

Last night was Hope of America at the Marriot Center at BYU. 5th graders from all across the valley take part. It was fabulous. It was stressful before it was fabulous though. Things like this make me anxious. BIG things where your kids can become separated from you. Things that they NEED to be on time for, but your husband takes the wrong road. So anxious that I can feel a physical change in my body and hear a very noticable change in the tone of my voice. I wish I could just "chill". Relax and go with it. I can't though. It's just not Amy. Maybe with medication it can be, who knows?

I started to mellow out a little once we got Alex and Jonathan inside where they needed to be. I went back out to wait for Dave and the kids. Then I saw them. Margaret perched on Emily's hip. Lizzy lugging the diaper bag. Daddy and Molly walking just as fast as they could. The weather last night was gorgeous. Like a cool summer evening...and I love those. I love the light. I love that my kids are getting sun, and their hair was wind blown. I could have taken 100 pictures, right there outside the Marriot center, trying to capture the beauty that I was seeing with my eyes. I told you my twins were little mothers. That first picture proves it to me. I loved kids because I watched my mom and my sisters being mothers. Hopefully my girls will love them from watching me.

Hope of America choir. Loud. Patriotic. Fabulous.

7 comments:

MommyMert said...

Love that pic of your girls! Busy busy month for you. Hope you can enjoy it. We have SYTYCD to look forward to. WOOOHooOOo! And, yes... next time I am at the Gateway I will totally bring you back a yummo cookie.

michelledoodads said...

I love you, Amy. You are so real, every time you right. It makes me love you that much more every post. What color was Alex?

Kristin said...

Great pictures of your girls/family outside.

it is a busy month, huh.

Thank you, thank you for taking Jonathan. It helped a TON.

Both nights were great. I like how you said we do things sometimes simply because it's important to them. So, so true. It means so much to them for us to be there at everything.

Your girls are darling with that sweet Margaret.

O family said...

I feel your pain with May being stressful and I don't have Quinn in a real school yet! I love the pictures that you took. Your twins being little Mommas- ADORABLE! Margaret looks huge on Emily's hip!

Oh and with the stress thing- I too can feel a physical change. I get so tense and sometimes kind of nasty. That is actually why I am in my blood pressure medicine. When I get "like that" my blood pressure shoots through the roof. My doctor told me that for the rest of my life I will need to be on my bp meds... then he said "well that or some Valium to take the edge off". Boohoo.
I like to think about it like I am trying to make everything as perfect/easy/smooth for everyone else as possible. So I ingest (and later spew out) the stress and anxiety.
Remember that it doesn't make us bad people :)

emlizalmo said...

He is actually in yellow. Very front row, 9th from the left, with his arm up in front of his face. :)

mj said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this whole post. What a wonderful family ! I can't wait 'till June !!!!The photo of Emily says it all.

utahmominmexico said...

We were there too. I stole the flag picture for my blog, hope you don't mind.