
I was a big, fat grouch on Mother's Day. I really was. I ruin things sometimes with my grouchiness. It's just something I do. I give in to the temptations from Satan and ruin perfectly wonderful memories. I have GOT to stop that. Anyhow...lots of screaming from the kids, meltdowns, tantrums...all before church. I was tired. And I was mean. At the end of the day, I sat my kids down in the living room and told them how much I loved them. How sorry I was for spending the day angry. How they make me happier than anything in this world. I get tired being a mother. It's hard. I have bad days. BUT, they bring more joy than anything. Dave and my children are it. All I need.
10 comments:
We all have those horrible,yelling days. I'm so glad that you take the time nd talk to the family about it. They can then realize that we all make mistakes...but we can be forgiven, and that we are really trying.
What a sweet picture. All day long I kept saying I needed a picture of me and my kids on mothers day and we never did it. Sad.
Sorry you had a rotten day. They happen sometimes. You're not a bad mom. We all get tired.
Heart.
That picture is adorable. And don't worry - we all have days like that. I often go in my kids rooms while they are sleeping just to cuddle and remind myself that they are sweet and wonderful.
very cute picture. Being a Mom is tough. Your kids gotta know how much you love them. :)
Ok, so I barely ever comment, but I want you to know that I LOVE reading your blog...I hope that's okay! :) I was a grouch on Mother's day as well...what is up with that? It's so hard for me to be a mom sometimes...it's nice to know that I am not the only one being grouchy on mother's day! I love the picture, you have beautiful children.
To comment on your previous blog post about the radio station. I helped Kristin out and drove her van to pick up the kids on Thursday. Your kids were telling me all about the radio station. I didn't really get it, but it sounded awesome when they were telling me about it. What a GREAT experience!
Your awesome Amy! Jen
I love this picture. You are a great mom. I know it. Why is it Satan can get to us so easily?
I had a similar morning on Sunday. It seems like I'm always in tears on Mother's Day because my kids are so bad at church. I guess I'll sit in that pew and smile someday when all of my kids are gone and remember the craziness fondly. Right?
I can see how it's so exhausting, but you are such a good mom. I love you and your family so, so much!
man that's a beautiful picture.
Sorry the day was kind of stinky, but you are still amazing. And your kiddos are awesome. That is a sign of a fantastic mother.
That picture is PROOF that you love your children MADLY and they love you back just as much. I am a 'rotten' mom so many days...but my kids forgive over and over. They will remember more those moments that you told them you were sorry and loved them more than the ornery ones.
P.S. I just had to tell you...today, when you were running past my house and we waved out the back window...Ethan got my attention by pointing at you and yelling, "There's a mom, there's a mom...she's running!" I loved turning around and seeing he was absolutely right on. :)
Post a Comment