Monday, May 10, 2010

on the radio...

Did you know that the church has a radio station? It's called The Mormon Channel. It has all sorts of programs, interviews, talks, music. It's pretty fabulous, actually. There is a link to it on the church's website. Did you know that my 3 older kids are going to be on the radio? They have a program called Scripture Stories where a host and a handful of children read a script and discuss stories from the scriptures.

Mrs. Anderson (the twins 1st grade teacher) has an in. Her nephew Brant is a producer for the station. She was asked to be the host, and she asked if my kids would be interested in participating. Seriously?! Church employees for the next month or two? On the radio? Yes maam, they're interested! :)


Our beautiful host...Tami Anderson (SISTER Anderson).

I drove them up to SLC on Thursday night. They record in the conference center. Yeah...THE conference center. Alex was really nervous. The girls were just plain excited. Once we got going though, he loved it. A guy named Amen was running the technical stuff. Alex loved him. Alex wants to BE him actually. He now wants to work for the church. :)

I was really proud of them. I was able to hear everything they said...and I was proud. They know the scriptures, they know the gospel...and that makes me happy.



Tours afterwards. Can you tell where they are? How cool is that? They can't wait for our next session Wednesday night! Truly a once in a lifetime experience. One they will always remember. Thanks SO much Mrs. Anderson. :)

Their first session won't air for a few weeks, but you can be sure I'll let you know when it's going to happen! :)

13 comments:

MommyMert said...

How fun is that!

Rachel said...

That is so exciting! I'm so excited for them (and for you, you proud mommy!) Can't wait to listen in...

laurag said...

What a once in a lifetime experience. And I couldn't think of 3 better kids to do it. They are such outstanding kids that it's no wonder they get special thinsg like this coming their way.

Kylie said...

That is SO cool! They will always remember that!

O family said...

this is so cool! Tell them CONGRATS! you should totally tape it somehow when it airs :)

Lisa said...

What a terrific experience!! Lucky kids. I can't wait to hear it. Make sure you record it somehow. Love you all.

Tami Anderson said...

Amy, I LOVE the last picture. It totally captures each of the five children's personalities. I also kind of like the second picture. How many did you have to take before you found ONE good one of the host??

I love your children. They are the perfect fit.

Melissa Yergensen said...

That is seriously just way too cool!

Michelle said...

Wow. I bet they remember it forever. Very cool!

mj said...

This is amazing... what a treat. They look like they are about to burst with excitement. Can't wait to hear them.

Kristin said...

This is so cool. what a great experience for them. Love the pictures. Mrs. anderson is very cool.

utahmominmexico said...

Oh. my. goodness. I'm so jealous. How great for them. The next Amy Westerby's! ;)

jane malone said...

Wowee!!! This is sooo exciting. I love you, Amy and your great family. I finally have your blogspot on my desktop on this laptop. I have missed seeing it. Please let us know when it airs. xoxoxo Aunt Jane